Regex (again..)

  • abetsent
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
      Sheri and friends,

      My .htm file are the following:

      <!doctype HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
      Transitional//EN"><html><head><meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-
      8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <TITLE>Certification Training Certification ~ Bestätigung
      bescheinigte Bestätigungen Bescheinigung Prüfung Register
      Management Management Mba Kurs Bestätigungen Projekt Management
      On-line Crm Kurse Cio Betriebswirtschaft Übereinstimmung
      Bestätigung Arbeitsfluss Voip Virtualisierung, die Scm Pm
      programmiert, den On-line Mba programmiert, Internationales Gewerbe
      finanziert, Manager Erp Kunde Beziehung bescheinigt
      Bescheinigungsgeschäftsintelligenz Bi "</TITLE>

      <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

      =====

      I tried

      ^!Open f:\0-novossites\00deccio\linguas\de_saida4381b\contact_de.htm

      ^!Find \x22<title>(.*?)</title>\x22 RIWS1
      ^!Set %title77%=^$GetSelection$

      and don't worked.

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
        abetsent wrote:
        > ^!Find \x22

        Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's exactly the wrong way round. Your
        query looks for the quote sign and what you wanted to do was delimit the
        search string. Use '"' not '\x22'.

        Something else:
        Your long word list does not belong in the title - that is for a short
        phrase displayed in the head of the browser window and in bookmarks.
        What you obviously want here is the META keywords.

        Axel
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
          Axel Berger wrote:
          > abetsent wrote:
          >
          >> ^!Find \x22
          >>

          > Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's exactly the wrong way round. Your
          > query looks for the quote sign and what you wanted to do was delimit the
          > search string. Use '"' not '\x22'.
          >
          > Something else:
          > Your long word list does not belong in the title - that is for a short
          > phrase displayed in the head of the browser window and in bookmarks.
          > What you obviously want here is the META keywords.
          >
          > Axel

          I agree with Axel.

          The regular expression should be surrounded by double quotes.

          Use \x22 only where specifying a double quote as part of the regular
          expression.

          Start the regular expression with (?s) if you want dot to work across
          multiple lines (but the page title should not be so long).

          ^!Find "(?s)<title>(.*?)</title>" RIWS1

        • abetsent
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
            Thanks, friends.

            I used \x22 because was suggested by Sheri, few days ago, but
            without to see the title content.

            Now I used the (?s), and worked well.

            I know that the title is long.

            Thanks again!

            > Axel Berger wrote:
            > > abetsent wrote:
            > >
            > >> ^!Find \x22
            > >>

            > > Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's exactly the wrong way
            round. Your
            > > query looks for the quote sign and what you wanted to do was
            delimit the
            > > search string. Use '"' not '\x22'.
            > >
            > > Something else:
            > > Your long word list does not belong in the title - that is for a
            short
            > > phrase displayed in the head of the browser window and in
            bookmarks.
            > > What you obviously want here is the META keywords.
            > >
            > > Axel
            > >

            > I agree with Axel.
            >
            > The regular expression should be surrounded by double quotes.
            >
            > Use \x22 only where specifying a double quote as part of the
            regular
            > expression.
            >
            > Start the regular expression with (?s) if you want dot to work
            across
            > multiple lines (but the page title should not be so long).
            >
            > ^!Find "(?s)<title>(.*?)</title>" RIWS1
            >

            > Regards,
            > Sheri

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
              abetsent wrote:
              > Thanks, friends.
              >
              > I used \x22 because was suggested by Sheri, few days ago, but
              > without to see the title content.

              That was for your other ones, e.g.,

              not:
              ^!Find "<meta name="Description" content="(.*?)">" RIWS1

              instead:
              ^!Find "(?s)<meta name=\x22Description\x22 content=\x22(.*?)\x22>" RIWS1