Re: [Clip] NoteTab feature suggestion

  • JMV
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
      Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
      Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

      Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

      Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

      _______________________
      John-Marc Ventimiglia
      JMVWare.com

      _______________________

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
        > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

        > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
        > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

        Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
        Paul
      • David Spector
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
          > Paul

          This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
          I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
          Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
          language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
          keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

          David
        • Kees Nuyt
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
            On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

            >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
            >> Paul
            >>
            >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
            >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
            >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
            >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
            >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
            >
            >David

            I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
            about "Command-line Parameters":

            /L=LibraryName:RunClip
            Changes the default Clip library to the one
            indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
            Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
            once NoteTab is open.

            Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
            starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

            Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
            to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
            (untested, but it should work).

            Good luck.
            --
            ( Kees Nuyt
            )
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
              Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
              > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

              >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
              >> Paul
              > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
              > about "Command-line Parameters":
              >
              > ... <snip> ...
              >
              > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
              > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
              > (untested, but it should work).
              Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
              Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
              clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
              editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
              the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
              Lines".

              Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

              Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail