Re: [Clip] Keyboard shortcuts

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
      paulmaser wrote:

      > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
      > Paul

      The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      ~~

      Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
      'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
      The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
    • JMV
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
        Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
        Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

        Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

        Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

        _______________________
        John-Marc Ventimiglia
        JMVWare.com

        _______________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
          > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

          > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
          > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

          Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
          Paul
        • David Spector
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

            > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
            > Paul

            This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
            I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
            Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
            language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
            keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

            David
          • Kees Nuyt
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
              On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

              >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
              >> Paul
              >>
              >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
              >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
              >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
              >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
              >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
              >
              >David

              I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
              about "Command-line Parameters":

              /L=LibraryName:RunClip
              Changes the default Clip library to the one
              indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
              Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
              once NoteTab is open.

              Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
              starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

              Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
              to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
              (untested, but it should work).

              Good luck.
              --
              ( Kees Nuyt
              )
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
                > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                >> Paul
                > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                > about "Command-line Parameters":
                >
                > ... <snip> ...
                >
                > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                > (untested, but it should work).
                Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
                Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
                clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
                editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
                the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
                Lines".

                Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

                Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail