Keyboard shortcuts

  • paulmaser
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
      Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
      Paul
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
        paulmaser wrote:

        > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
        > Paul

        The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.

        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
        ~~

        Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
        'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
        The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
      • JMV
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
          Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
          Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

          Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

          Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

          _______________________
          John-Marc Ventimiglia
          JMVWare.com

          _______________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
            > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

            > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
            > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

            Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
            Paul
          • David Spector
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

              > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
              > Paul

              This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
              I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
              Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
              language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
              keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

              David
            • Kees Nuyt
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                >> Paul
                >>
                >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
                >
                >David

                I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                about "Command-line Parameters":

                /L=LibraryName:RunClip
                Changes the default Clip library to the one
                indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
                Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
                once NoteTab is open.

                Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
                starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

                Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                (untested, but it should work).

                Good luck.
                --
                ( Kees Nuyt
                )
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                  Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
                  > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                  >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                  >> Paul
                  > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                  > about "Command-line Parameters":
                  >
                  > ... <snip> ...
                  >
                  > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                  > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                  > (untested, but it should work).
                  Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
                  Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
                  clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
                  editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
                  the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
                  Lines".

                  Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

                  Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail