Re: [Clip] NoteTab feature suggestion

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007

      > JMV wrote:
      > > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
      >
      > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
      >
      > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
      > Advanced, but you already knew that.

      Its there. Look under Document|Font.

    • buralex@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
        Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said on Nov 12, 2007 4:59 -0500 (in
        part):
        > JMV wrote:
        >
        >> > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
        >>

        > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
        >
        > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
        > Advanced, but you already knew that.
        Axel: You can set Font for current document in Document/Properties ...
        and default properties in View/Options tab-Documents. Increase font size
        and decrease font size buttons can both be added to the Toolbar. (as can
        a button that gets you directly to the Fonts sub-dialog of
        Documents\Properties)

        John-Marc: I think I misspoke when I said you could set ctrl+ and ctrl-
        in shortcuts.dat. I already had these two as buttons on my toolbar and
        ASS-U-ME-d without checking that these were individually available in
        the View menu which would have meant they could be set through
        shortcuts.dat.

        Since Documents/Properties goes to a dialog you won't be able to create
        a keyboard shortcut. (Though you COULD create a keyboard shortcut that
        would open the dialog, then hit sufficient TABS to get to the Font
        dialog and in it tab to the size dropdown and then arrow-up-down to the
        size you want.

        A TOTALLY pointless exercise unless for some reason your mouse is broken
        and you absolutely have to get the font size increased/decreased only
        using keyboard <GRIN>

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
          Hi Alec,

          You don't need to go through a dialog to increase or decrease font size.

          I added these lines to my Pro shortcut.dat and it worked. It doesn't
          work with the keypad plus and minus though.

          CTRL+= Document/Font/Increase Size
          CTRL+- Document/Font/Decrease Size

          Shortcut assignments are not available in NoteTab Light.

        • paulmaser
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
            Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
            Paul
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
              paulmaser wrote:

              > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
              > Paul

              The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.

              Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
              ~~

              Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
              'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
              The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
            • JMV
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
                Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

                Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

                Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

                _______________________
                John-Marc Ventimiglia
                JMVWare.com

                _______________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                  > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

                  > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
                  > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                  Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
                  Paul
                • David Spector
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
                    --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

                    > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                    > Paul

                    This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                    I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                    Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                    language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                    keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

                    David
                  • Kees Nuyt
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                      On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                      >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                      >> Paul
                      >>
                      >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                      >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                      >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                      >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                      >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
                      >
                      >David

                      I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                      about "Command-line Parameters":

                      /L=LibraryName:RunClip
                      Changes the default Clip library to the one
                      indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
                      Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
                      once NoteTab is open.

                      Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
                      starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

                      Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                      to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                      (untested, but it should work).

                      Good luck.
                      --
                      ( Kees Nuyt
                      )
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                        Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
                        > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                        >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                        >> Paul
                        > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                        > about "Command-line Parameters":
                        >
                        > ... <snip> ...
                        >
                        > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                        > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                        > (untested, but it should work).
                        Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
                        Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
                        clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
                        editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
                        the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
                        Lines".

                        Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

                        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail