[Clip] Help with Variables

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 1999
      Hi Tariq,

      Please reply to this on the Clips list if you want to reply and
      in the future post Clip questions on that list - thanks!!! Sign
      up info at the bottom.

      > My question is can we use variables defined in one clip in
      > another clip?.

      Yes.

      > ^!set %Name%=^$GetSelection$

      > What am I doing wrong -

      You can call the next Clip and use the format you were using:

      ^!set %Name%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Clip "s2"
      ^%Name%

      or if you want to click on the Clip use this format:

      ^!InsertText ^%Name%

      > ...or is this the way notepad is supposed to act.

      You will have to talk to the Microsoft boys about that. ;)

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...