Re: [Clip] NoteTab feature suggestion

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
      JMV wrote:
      > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease

      As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.

      You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
      Advanced, but you already knew that.

      Axel
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007

        > JMV wrote:
        > > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
        >
        > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
        >
        > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
        > Advanced, but you already knew that.

        Its there. Look under Document|Font.

      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
          Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said on Nov 12, 2007 4:59 -0500 (in
          part):
          > JMV wrote:
          >
          >> > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
          >>

          > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
          >
          > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
          > Advanced, but you already knew that.
          Axel: You can set Font for current document in Document/Properties ...
          and default properties in View/Options tab-Documents. Increase font size
          and decrease font size buttons can both be added to the Toolbar. (as can
          a button that gets you directly to the Fonts sub-dialog of
          Documents\Properties)

          John-Marc: I think I misspoke when I said you could set ctrl+ and ctrl-
          in shortcuts.dat. I already had these two as buttons on my toolbar and
          ASS-U-ME-d without checking that these were individually available in
          the View menu which would have meant they could be set through
          shortcuts.dat.

          Since Documents/Properties goes to a dialog you won't be able to create
          a keyboard shortcut. (Though you COULD create a keyboard shortcut that
          would open the dialog, then hit sufficient TABS to get to the Font
          dialog and in it tab to the size dropdown and then arrow-up-down to the
          size you want.

          A TOTALLY pointless exercise unless for some reason your mouse is broken
          and you absolutely have to get the font size increased/decreased only
          using keyboard <GRIN>

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hi Alec,

            You don't need to go through a dialog to increase or decrease font size.

            I added these lines to my Pro shortcut.dat and it worked. It doesn't
            work with the keypad plus and minus though.

            CTRL+= Document/Font/Increase Size
            CTRL+- Document/Font/Decrease Size

            Shortcut assignments are not available in NoteTab Light.

          • paulmaser
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
              Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
              Paul
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                paulmaser wrote:

                > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                > Paul

                The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.

                Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                ~~

                Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
                'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
                The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
              • JMV
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                  Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
                  Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

                  Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

                  Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

                  _______________________
                  John-Marc Ventimiglia
                  JMVWare.com

                  _______________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                    > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

                    > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
                    > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                    Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
                    Paul
                  • David Spector
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
                      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

                      > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                      > Paul

                      This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                      I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                      Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                      language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                      keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

                      David
                    • Kees Nuyt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                        On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                        >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                        >> Paul
                        >>
                        >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                        >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                        >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                        >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                        >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
                        >
                        >David

                        I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                        about "Command-line Parameters":

                        /L=LibraryName:RunClip
                        Changes the default Clip library to the one
                        indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
                        Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
                        once NoteTab is open.

                        Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
                        starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

                        Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                        to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                        (untested, but it should work).

                        Good luck.
                        --
                        ( Kees Nuyt
                        )
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                          Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
                          > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                          >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                          >> Paul
                          > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                          > about "Command-line Parameters":
                          >
                          > ... <snip> ...
                          >
                          > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                          > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                          > (untested, but it should work).
                          Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
                          Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
                          clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
                          editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
                          the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
                          Lines".

                          Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

                          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail