NoteTab feature suggestion

  • JMV
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2007
      Photoshop does it, IE does it, now firefox does it! Can Notetab do it?

      Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease

      You can tell I am getting old?

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2007
        "JMV" <jmv@...> said on Nov 11, 2007 15:43 -0500 (in part):
        > Photoshop does it, IE does it, now firefox does it! Can Notetab do it?
        >
        > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
        John-Marc:

        not tested but shortcuts.dat (see Help-Changing Keyboard Shortcuts)
        should allow you do to what you want.

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
          JMV wrote:
          > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease

          As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.

          You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
          Advanced, but you already knew that.

          Axel
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007

            > JMV wrote:
            > > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
            >
            > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
            >
            > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
            > Advanced, but you already knew that.

            Its there. Look under Document|Font.

          • buralex@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
              Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said on Nov 12, 2007 4:59 -0500 (in
              part):
              > JMV wrote:
              >
              >> > Ctrl+ to increase font size, Ctrl - to decrease
              >>

              > As far as I can find, you can't change the font size in NoteTab at all.
              >
              > You can change it it for Windows generally in Display -> Settings ->
              > Advanced, but you already knew that.
              Axel: You can set Font for current document in Document/Properties ...
              and default properties in View/Options tab-Documents. Increase font size
              and decrease font size buttons can both be added to the Toolbar. (as can
              a button that gets you directly to the Fonts sub-dialog of
              Documents\Properties)

              John-Marc: I think I misspoke when I said you could set ctrl+ and ctrl-
              in shortcuts.dat. I already had these two as buttons on my toolbar and
              ASS-U-ME-d without checking that these were individually available in
              the View menu which would have meant they could be set through
              shortcuts.dat.

              Since Documents/Properties goes to a dialog you won't be able to create
              a keyboard shortcut. (Though you COULD create a keyboard shortcut that
              would open the dialog, then hit sufficient TABS to get to the Font
              dialog and in it tab to the size dropdown and then arrow-up-down to the
              size you want.

              A TOTALLY pointless exercise unless for some reason your mouse is broken
              and you absolutely have to get the font size increased/decreased only
              using keyboard <GRIN>

              Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                Hi Alec,

                You don't need to go through a dialog to increase or decrease font size.

                I added these lines to my Pro shortcut.dat and it worked. It doesn't
                work with the keypad plus and minus though.

                CTRL+= Document/Font/Increase Size
                CTRL+- Document/Font/Decrease Size

                Shortcut assignments are not available in NoteTab Light.

              • paulmaser
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                  Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                  Paul
                • Jeff Scism
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                    paulmaser wrote:

                    > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                    > Paul

                    The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.

                    Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                    ~~

                    Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
                    'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
                    The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
                  • JMV
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                      Right. In notetab its Document->Font-> and increase ot decrease.
                      Since no hotkeys are assigned, and the ckassic ones of others are not used, seemed like a good quick one for version 5.41 <g>

                      Looks like Alec is right on with shortcuts.dat

                      Still thought it should becaome a 'standard' anyway.

                      _______________________
                      John-Marc Ventimiglia
                      JMVWare.com

                      _______________________

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                        > > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?

                        > The LAST run clip can be run by using CTRL+Space.
                        > Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                        Thanks, that little tip will save me a load of time.
                        Paul
                      • David Spector
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 27, 2008
                          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:

                          > Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                          > Paul

                          This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                          I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                          Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                          language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                          keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.

                          David
                        • Kees Nuyt
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                            On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                            >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                            >> Paul
                            >>
                            >This was asked many months ago, but has no answer. I want to do it too.
                            >I searched both help files and can find nothing on this subject.
                            >Notetab is the only software I can think of that supports a programming
                            >language yet does not support hooking a subrouting/function/clip to a
                            >keystroke. It's otherwise such a great tool. Weird.
                            >
                            >David

                            I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                            about "Command-line Parameters":

                            /L=LibraryName:RunClip
                            Changes the default Clip library to the one
                            indicated by LibraryName (without extension or path).
                            Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to execute
                            once NoteTab is open.

                            Now create a MS Windows shortcut on your desktop which
                            starts NotePro.exe with that /L parameter.

                            Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                            to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                            (untested, but it should work).

                            Good luck.
                            --
                            ( Kees Nuyt
                            )
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 28, 2008
                              Kees Nuyt <k.nuyt@...> said on Mar 28, 2008 17:42 -0400 (in part):
                              > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:43 -0000, you wrote:

                              >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "paulmaser" <paul@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> Is there a way to run a clip from a Keyboard shortcut?
                              >> Paul
                              > I think it can be done. From the help file, the topic
                              > about "Command-line Parameters":
                              >
                              > ... <snip> ...
                              >
                              > Then, assign that shortcut the Shortcut key you like
                              > to use, like Ctrl+Alt+C (for Clip), and you're done.
                              > (untested, but it should work).
                              Kees: I think above is probably a good answer to a different question :-)
                              Your method would allow a new instance of Notetab to be fired up and one
                              clip to be executed immediately. I think Paul wants while in a Notetab
                              editing session to be able to execute a clip from a keyboard shortcut -
                              the same way as (say) Shift+Ctrl+J will execute Modify \ Lines \ "Split
                              Lines".

                              Paul - did you try getting Sheri's ClipKeys sub-system?

                              Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail