Re: [Clip] Re: ^!InsertHtml with Blockquote clip

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard contents?

      Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only in the
      (now) focused doc?

      I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
      making new docs from older docs.

      It didn't work in the new versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

      Jeff

      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      ~~

      Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
      'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
      The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:

        > ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard
        > contents?
        >
        > Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only
        > in the (now) focused doc?
        >
        > I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
        > making new docs from older docs. It didn't work in the new
        > versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

        ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
        started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
        selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.

      • WV-Mike
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          At 11:09 AM 11/4/2007 , you wrote:
          >Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
          >second ^!InsertHtml command?
          >
          >Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
          >one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.
          >
          >Regards, Sheri

          Hi Sheri,
          I missed the obvious, simple solution.
          That got it:
          ^!SetPasteIndent Off

          ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^$GetSelection$^p<p

          sum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh
          euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi
          enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit
          lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure
          dolor in hendrerit in

          Thanks,
          -Mike
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
            Sheri wrote:

            > ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
            > started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
            > selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sheri

            Thanks, that answers my question.

            Jeff