Re: [Clip] ^!InsertHtml with Blockquote clip

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      WV-Mike wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I use this clip regularly:
      >
      > Blockquote
      >
      > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
      >
      > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

      Not sure what you want. Your cursor is at the ^& so the insert will go
      there.
      ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
      ^!Jump Doc_End
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:

        > At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
        > >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
        > >WV-Mike <notetab@> wrote:
        > > > Greetings,
        > > > I use this clip regularly:
        > > > Blockquote
        > > >
        > > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
        > > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
        > > >
        > > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

        > >Source</p>
        > > >
        > > > What must be done to get this to work?
        > > > Thanks,> -Mike
        > >
        > >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
        > >
        > >Regards, Sheri
        >

        > Hi Sheri,
        > That worked.
        > However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end
        of the
        > quote.
        > Example:
        accumsan et
        > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
        augue duis
        > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
        >
        > As the clip is now it outputs:
        > vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
        > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
        augue duis
        > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > -Mike

        Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
        second ^!InsertHtml command?

        Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
        one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.

      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard contents?

          Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only in the
          (now) focused doc?

          I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
          making new docs from older docs.

          It didn't work in the new versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

          Jeff

          --

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
          ~~

          Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
          'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
          The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:

            > ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard
            > contents?
            >
            > Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only
            > in the (now) focused doc?
            >
            > I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
            > making new docs from older docs. It didn't work in the new
            > versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

            ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
            started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
            selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.

          • WV-Mike
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
              At 11:09 AM 11/4/2007 , you wrote:
              >Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
              >second ^!InsertHtml command?
              >
              >Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
              >one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.
              >
              >Regards, Sheri

              Hi Sheri,
              I missed the obvious, simple solution.
              That got it:
              ^!SetPasteIndent Off

              ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^$GetSelection$^p<p

              sum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh
              euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi
              enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit
              lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure
              dolor in hendrerit in

              Thanks,
              -Mike
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                Sheri wrote:

                > ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
                > started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
                > selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Sheri

                Thanks, that answers my question.

                Jeff