Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [Clip] ^!InsertHtml with Blockquote clip

Expand Messages
  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    ... Not sure what you want. Your cursor is at the ^& so the insert will go there. ^!SetPasteIndent Off ^!InsertHtml
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      WV-Mike wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I use this clip regularly:
      >
      > Blockquote
      >
      > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
      >
      > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:
      >
      > ^!InsertHtml <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> Link to Source</p>

      Not sure what you want. Your cursor is at the ^& so the insert will go
      there.
      ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!InsertHtml ^P<p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> Link to Source</p>
    • WV-Mike
      ... Hi Sheri, That worked. However, I need to have the enclosed at the end of the quote. Example: vel illum
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
        At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
        >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
        >WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:
        > > Greetings,
        > > I use this clip regularly:
        > > Blockquote
        > >
        > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
        > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
        > >
        > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:
        > >
        > > ^!InsertHtml <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> Link to
        >Source</p>
        > >
        > > What must be done to get this to work?
        > > Thanks,> -Mike
        >
        >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
        >
        >Regards, Sheri


        Hi Sheri,
        That worked.
        However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end of the
        quote.
        Example:
        <blockquote cite='****'>
        <p>vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
        iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis
        dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
        <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
        </blockquote>

        As the clip is now it outputs:
        <blockquote cite='****'>
        vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
        iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis
        dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
        </blockquote>
        <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>

        Thanks!
        -Mike
      • Sheri
        ... of the ... accumsan et ... augue duis ... augue duis ... Wouldn t it do that if you move the ^p to the end of the second ^!InsertHtml command?
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:
          >
          > At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
          > >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
          > >WV-Mike <notetab@> wrote:
          > > > Greetings,
          > > > I use this clip regularly:
          > > > Blockquote
          > > >
          > > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
          > > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
          > > >
          > > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:
          > > >
          > > > ^!InsertHtml <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> Link to
          > >Source</p>
          > > >
          > > > What must be done to get this to work?
          > > > Thanks,> -Mike
          > >
          > >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
          > >
          > >Regards, Sheri
          >
          >
          > Hi Sheri,
          > That worked.
          > However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end
          of the
          > quote.
          > Example:
          > <blockquote cite='****'>
          > <p>vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et
          accumsan et
          > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
          augue duis
          > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
          > <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
          > </blockquote>
          >
          > As the clip is now it outputs:
          > <blockquote cite='****'>
          > vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
          > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
          augue duis
          > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
          > </blockquote>
          > <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
          >
          > Thanks!
          > -Mike
          >

          Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
          second ^!InsertHtml command?

          Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
          one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • Jeff Scism
          ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard contents? Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only in the (now)
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
            ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard contents?

            Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only in the
            (now) focused doc?

            I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
            making new docs from older docs.

            It didn't work in the new versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

            Jeff





            WV-Mike wrote:
            >
            > At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
            > >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > >WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:
            > > > Greetings,
            > > > I use this clip regularly:
            > > > Blockquote
            > > >
            > > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
            > > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^p</blockquote>
            > > >
            > > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:
            > > >
            > > > ^!InsertHtml <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> Link to
            > >Source</p>
            > > >
            > > > What must be done to get this to work?
            > > > Thanks,> -Mike
            > >
            > >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
            > >
            > >Regards, Sheri
            >
            > Hi Sheri,
            > That worked.
            > However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end of the
            > quote.
            > Example:
            > <blockquote cite='****'>
            > <p>vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et
            > accumsan et
            > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue
            > duis
            > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
            > <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
            > </blockquote>
            >
            > As the clip is now it outputs:
            > <blockquote cite='****'>
            > vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
            > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue
            > duis
            > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
            > </blockquote>
            > <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
            >
            > Thanks!
            > -Mike
            >
            >


            --


            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
            ~~

            Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
            'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
            The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
          • Sheri
            ... ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip selects other
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:
              >
              > ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard
              > contents?
              >
              > Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only
              > in the (now) focused doc?
              >
              > I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
              > making new docs from older docs. It didn't work in the new
              > versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

              ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
              started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
              selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.

              Regards,
              Sheri
            • WV-Mike
              ... Hi Sheri, I missed the obvious, simple solution. That got it: ^!SetPasteIndent Off ^!InsertHtml ^p^$GetSelection$^p
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                At 11:09 AM 11/4/2007 , you wrote:
                >Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
                >second ^!InsertHtml command?
                >
                >Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
                >one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.
                >
                >Regards, Sheri

                Hi Sheri,
                I missed the obvious, simple solution.
                That got it:
                ^!SetPasteIndent Off

                ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^$GetSelection$^p<p
                class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>^p</blockquote>^p

                <blockquote cite='****'>
                sum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh
                euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi
                enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit
                lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure
                dolor in hendrerit in
                <p class="source"><strong>Source:</strong> WikiPedia</p>
                </blockquote>

                Thanks,
                -Mike
              • Jeff Scism
                ... Thanks, that answers my question. Jeff -- Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG ~~ Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family? Blacksheep Genealogy is a registered California
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                  Sheri wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
                  > started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
                  > selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Sheri
                  >









                  Thanks, that answers my question.

                  Jeff

                  --


                  Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                  ~~

                  Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
                  'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
                  The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.