Re: ^!InsertHtml with Blockquote clip

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I use this clip regularly:
      >
      > Blockquote
      >
      > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
      >
      > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

      Source</p>

      > What must be done to get this to work?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Mike

      Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
        WV-Mike wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I use this clip regularly:
        >
        > Blockquote
        >
        > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
        > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
        >
        > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

        Not sure what you want. Your cursor is at the ^& so the insert will go
        there.
        ^!SetPasteIndent Off
        ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
        ^!Jump Doc_End
      • WV-Mike
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
          >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
          >WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:
          > > Greetings,
          > > I use this clip regularly:
          > > Blockquote
          > >
          > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
          > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
          > >
          > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

          >Source</p>
          > >
          > > What must be done to get this to work?
          > > Thanks,> -Mike
          >
          >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
          >
          >Regards, Sheri

          Hi Sheri,
          That worked.
          However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end of the
          quote.
          Example:
          iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis
          dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>

          As the clip is now it outputs:
          vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
          iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis
          dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.

          Thanks!
          -Mike
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, WV-Mike <notetab@...> wrote:

            > At 10:48 AM 11/4/2007 , Sheri wrote:
            > >--- In <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
            > >WV-Mike <notetab@> wrote:
            > > > Greetings,
            > > > I use this clip regularly:
            > > > Blockquote
            > > >
            > > > ^!SetPasteIndent Off
            > > > ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^&^p</blockquote>
            > > >
            > > > When I add the following to the clip, it does not work:

            > >Source</p>
            > > >
            > > > What must be done to get this to work?
            > > > Thanks,> -Mike
            > >
            > >Try changing the ^& to ^$GetSelection$
            > >
            > >Regards, Sheri
            >

            > Hi Sheri,
            > That worked.
            > However, I need to have the <p class="source"> enclosed at the end
            of the
            > quote.
            > Example:
            accumsan et
            > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
            augue duis
            > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
            >
            > As the clip is now it outputs:
            > vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et
            > iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit
            augue duis
            > dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > -Mike

            Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
            second ^!InsertHtml command?

            Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
            one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.

          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
              ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard contents?

              Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only in the
              (now) focused doc?

              I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
              making new docs from older docs.

              It didn't work in the new versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

              Jeff

              --

              Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
              ~~

              Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
              'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
              The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:

                > ^& is equal to ^$GetSelection$ , or is it equal to get clipboard
                > contents?
                >
                > Will it grab the selected text from a previous document, or only
                > in the (now) focused doc?
                >
                > I have used ^& many times to paste in the clipboard content, when
                > making new docs from older docs. It didn't work in the new
                > versions of NoteTab, until Eric fixed it.

                ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
                started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
                selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.

              • WV-Mike
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                  At 11:09 AM 11/4/2007 , you wrote:
                  >Wouldn't it do that if you move the ^p</blockquote> to the end of the
                  >second ^!InsertHtml command?
                  >
                  >Actually, you could even combine the two ^!InsertHTML commands into
                  >one, with the ^p</blockquote> moved to the end.
                  >
                  >Regards, Sheri

                  Hi Sheri,
                  I missed the obvious, simple solution.
                  That got it:
                  ^!SetPasteIndent Off

                  ^!InsertHtml <blockquote cite='****'>^p^$GetSelection$^p<p

                  sum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh
                  euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi
                  enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit
                  lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure
                  dolor in hendrerit in

                  Thanks,
                  -Mike
                • Jeff Scism
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                    Sheri wrote:

                    > ^& usually refers to the text which was selected before the clip was
                    > started. AFAIK it has no connection to the clipboard. Even if the clip
                    > selects other text, ^& continues to refer only to the preselected text.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Sheri

                    Thanks, that answers my question.

                    Jeff