Re: Wishlist-feed clip

  • tigerfairy2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hello Sheri,

      I need to grab data from my cafepress website. The data is information
      about the products on the website. Um.. I need to create a bulk upload
      file for google since there would be over 100,000 products to actually
      type into the file, which is why I would prefer it if I could somehow
      grab the data. I need to pull the following data from the website: id
      link title description image_link price
      product_type expiration_date brand condition
      apparel_type size c:category:string c:section:string
      material payment_accepted mpn upc

      I don't know what else to say. Hopefully that helps. There are websites
      that can do this. However, at the moment the API used is not
      functioning and so no one can run feeds on their cafepress shops. If I
      could pull the same information from my website that would normally
      come from the API, then I could run feeds while the API is down. Plus
      it would not be as much of a hassle and I could control what
      information is being grabbed. Got any ideas? Thanks :)

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "tigerfairy2003"
      > <tigerfairy2003@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all. I need to create a clip that can grab data from my
      > > website so that I can create a google feed for it. Is this
      > > possible? If so, how can I do it? I really don't want to manually
      > > type in thousands of products. Thanks. :)
      >
      > I'm sure it is possible, but I think before anyone can help you'd need
      > to give a lot more specific information about what actually needs to
      > be accessed as well as how it needs to look for google.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        <tigerfairy2003@...> wrote:

        > Hello Sheri,
        >
        > I need to grab data from my cafepress website. The data is
        > information about the products on the website. Um.. I need to
        > create a bulk upload file for google since there would be over
        > 100,000 products to actually type into the file, which is why I
        > would prefer it if I could somehow grab the data. I need to pull
        > the following data from the website:

        id
        > link title description image_link price
        > product_type expiration_date brand condition
        > apparel_type size c:category:string c:section:string
        > material payment_accepted mpn upc
        >
        > I don't know what else to say. Hopefully that helps. There are
        > websites that can do this. However, at the moment the API used is
        > not functioning and so no one can run feeds on their cafepress
        > shops. If I could pull the same information from my website that
        > would normally come from the API, then I could run feeds while
        > the API is down. Plus it would not be as much of a hassle and I
        > could control what information is being grabbed. Got any ideas?
        > Thanks :)

        Do you have an http address that shows the info for all the products?
        likely get an html version into NoteTab. Then edit the file to include
        the data and format that Google requires. It would probably be easiest
        to use a series of replacements (possibly regex replacements), but
        NoteTab's command to strip HTML tags may also help. If this is not a
        one-time only task, keep notes and write a clip to automate the process.

      • turnerpgeac
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          G'day,

          > Do you have an http address that shows the info for all the
          products?
          would
          > likely get an html version into NoteTab.

          If you have the freeware GrabURL utility (available from
          freedownloadscenter.com - just Google 'graburl'), you can easily get
          the html source for a web page straight into a NoteTab document.

          I use the following clip to display a wizard into which I can paste
          or type the web page address and get the web page source in a new
          document:

          ^!TOOLBAR New Document
          ^!FocusDoc
          ^$GetDosOutput(""C:\Program Files\Misc\graburl" "^?[URL]"")$
          ^!Jump TEXT_START

          It'd be a simple matter to enhance the clip to insert the 'http://'
          at the start of the page address if necessary.

          Pete