Wishlist-feed clip

  • tigerfairy2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hello all. I need to create a clip that can grab data from my website
      so that I can create a google feed for it. Is this possible? If so, how
      can I do it? I really don't want to manually type in thousands of
      products. Thanks. :)
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "tigerfairy2003"
        <tigerfairy2003@...> wrote:

        > Hello all. I need to create a clip that can grab data from my
        > website so that I can create a google feed for it. Is this
        > possible? If so, how can I do it? I really don't want to manually
        > type in thousands of products. Thanks. :)

        I'm sure it is possible, but I think before anyone can help you'd need
        to give a lot more specific information about what actually needs to
        be accessed as well as how it needs to look for google.

      • tigerfairy2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          Hello Sheri,

          I need to grab data from my cafepress website. The data is information
          about the products on the website. Um.. I need to create a bulk upload
          file for google since there would be over 100,000 products to actually
          type into the file, which is why I would prefer it if I could somehow
          grab the data. I need to pull the following data from the website: id
          link title description image_link price
          product_type expiration_date brand condition
          apparel_type size c:category:string c:section:string
          material payment_accepted mpn upc

          I don't know what else to say. Hopefully that helps. There are websites
          that can do this. However, at the moment the API used is not
          functioning and so no one can run feeds on their cafepress shops. If I
          could pull the same information from my website that would normally
          come from the API, then I could run feeds while the API is down. Plus
          it would not be as much of a hassle and I could control what
          information is being grabbed. Got any ideas? Thanks :)

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "tigerfairy2003"
          > <tigerfairy2003@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all. I need to create a clip that can grab data from my
          > > website so that I can create a google feed for it. Is this
          > > possible? If so, how can I do it? I really don't want to manually
          > > type in thousands of products. Thanks. :)
          >
          > I'm sure it is possible, but I think before anyone can help you'd need
          > to give a lot more specific information about what actually needs to
          > be accessed as well as how it needs to look for google.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
            <tigerfairy2003@...> wrote:

            > Hello Sheri,
            >
            > I need to grab data from my cafepress website. The data is
            > information about the products on the website. Um.. I need to
            > create a bulk upload file for google since there would be over
            > 100,000 products to actually type into the file, which is why I
            > would prefer it if I could somehow grab the data. I need to pull
            > the following data from the website:

            id
            > link title description image_link price
            > product_type expiration_date brand condition
            > apparel_type size c:category:string c:section:string
            > material payment_accepted mpn upc
            >
            > I don't know what else to say. Hopefully that helps. There are
            > websites that can do this. However, at the moment the API used is
            > not functioning and so no one can run feeds on their cafepress
            > shops. If I could pull the same information from my website that
            > would normally come from the API, then I could run feeds while
            > the API is down. Plus it would not be as much of a hassle and I
            > could control what information is being grabbed. Got any ideas?
            > Thanks :)

            Do you have an http address that shows the info for all the products?
            likely get an html version into NoteTab. Then edit the file to include
            the data and format that Google requires. It would probably be easiest
            to use a series of replacements (possibly regex replacements), but
            NoteTab's command to strip HTML tags may also help. If this is not a
            one-time only task, keep notes and write a clip to automate the process.

          • turnerpgeac
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
              G'day,

              > Do you have an http address that shows the info for all the
              products?
              would
              > likely get an html version into NoteTab.

              If you have the freeware GrabURL utility (available from
              freedownloadscenter.com - just Google 'graburl'), you can easily get
              the html source for a web page straight into a NoteTab document.

              I use the following clip to display a wizard into which I can paste
              or type the web page address and get the web page source in a new
              document:

              ^!TOOLBAR New Document
              ^!FocusDoc
              ^$GetDosOutput(""C:\Program Files\Misc\graburl" "^?[URL]"")$
              ^!Jump TEXT_START

              It'd be a simple matter to enhance the clip to insert the 'http://'
              at the start of the page address if necessary.

              Pete