Re: [Clip] noteblock.clb - tabs2Spaces (even spacing)

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
      On 10/2/07, Pat(kitPatH) <kitpath@...> wrote:

      > Morning, I need some help again ... (I'm still using notetab 4.95np)
      >

      > One of the clips in a library authored by Jody works for whole documents
      > but
      > locks on selected text. Wonder if anyone can spot the problem in the
      > code.
      > It used to work on selected (I think....)

      (I didn't spot anything)

      But in the case that you might need it, here's a clip that will put a copy
      of your selected text into a new document -- (you said that the tabs2spaces
      clip works on an entire doc -- well now you have an entire doc) ie selection
      to new doc then run on said new doc the clip that works on an entire doc.

      H="Sel_text_2_a_new_doc"
      ^!Set %my_sel_text% =^$GetSelection$
      ^!Toolbar "new document"
      ^!Insert ^%my_sel_text%
      ; now have a whole doc
      ; end

      --
      Alan.

    • Pat
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
        Dear eagle eye sheri,
        The WH conflict was it! thank you for seeing it...

        -pat

        > Just glancing, I see a Replace command with options for "W" (whole
        > document) and "H" (highlight). Those are mutually exclusive options,
        > no idea what the impact of including both would be.
        >
        > But it doesn't look like that replace even gets used when there is a
        > selection.
        >
        > Just tried the clip on your sample (with and without a selection)
        and