Wayne's Note Awk Script

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      I have had mixed to no luck running it lately to check perl syntax. His
      links no longer seem to work (I was going to try a fresh copy). He
      saves things to the original /libraries folder, which is no longer where
      things actually are as they are now in the applications data location.
      I don't know if that could have any effect.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
        I don't have and have never seen Wayne's script but you can get some
        syntax checking on a Perl script if it includes:

        use warnings;

        If you have that, maybe this does what you want? Note that perl must
        be on your path. Using a variable based on ^$GetShort(^$GetPerlExe$)$
        instead doesn't seem to work. Neither do various command lines based
        on ^!RunScript, ^!RunPerl or ^$GetInputOutput$. You need to be able to
        have the -c recognized as a parameter. A small irritation with the
        ^$GetDosOutput$ is that there won't be any output, and you can't
        suppress the error dialog stating that fact.

        ;long line
        ^!Continue Before continuing please make sure the current document is
        the perl script to be syntax checked. The script should be in its own
        .pl file (not in a clip library).
        ;end long line
        ^!DeleteFile "^$GetDataPath$StdError.err"
        ^!Set %mytmp%="^$GetShort(^**)$"
        ^$GetDOSOutput(perl -c ^%mytmp%)$
        :Serr
        ^!IfFileExist "^$GetDataPath$StdError.err" Next ELSE Serr
        ;long line
        ^!Info Script Errors and
        Warnings^%NL%^$GetFileText("^$GetDataPath$StdError.err")$
        ;end long line