Re: [Clip] Re: Bulk modifications of LNK parameters - howto?

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
      Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said on Sep 30, 2007 3:36 -0400 (in
      part):
      > Question:
      > Is that really necessary and worth the effort?
      > When I hit that problem after some reorgansition or other Windows will
      > try to look for the moved program itself and often succeeds, if not, or
      > if you don't like waiting, there is a "browse for it" on offer. And you
      > only have to do that once for very program. I would not bother about
      > setting something up for that.
      Point taken on alternate methods to handle my LNK problem. The first
      time I did it I put all the shortcuts and EXE's from my "oldsys" on a
      second laptop and used COA2 (from PCMag) to change the shortcuts there
      and then brought them back and replaced the original shortcuts.

      The reason I have to do it again is that I accidentally blew away these
      painfully rebuilt shortcuts when I set up a Junction so I could have the
      set of shortcuts available in three places (Favorites, QuickLaunch, and
      there original location) then tried to delete the Quick Launch version -
      suddenly realized that they were being removed from all three
      "locations". (still not having fully learned my lesson about the need to
      backup fully)

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail