Re: [Clip] Re: UNICODE is driving me batty

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
      "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> said on Sep 06, 2007 8:16 -0400
      (in part):
      > Instead of opening the file in NoteTab, could you use a NoteTab clip
      > to insert the contents of the file into the current document as normal
      > text?
      >
      > ^$GetUnicodeFileText("FileName")$
      >
      > Or (in your clip) you could first start a new document for receiving
      > the text, and afterwards save the (converted) file.
      Good point ... however ... I had already uploaded all six files to a
      WIKI when I discovered that copying text to clipboard and then saving
      from ClipCachePlus writes Unicode files! yucch.

      With this clip I was able to send all files to Notetab, click on each
      file, double-click the clip and move to the next one. Actual conversion
      only took a minute or two after two hours (conservatively) to write the
      clip. -- It takes longer when I have to look up almost every command in
      the Clip Help file :-(

      If I'd realized the problem beforehand (when I was generating the files)
      I would have copied to a new buffer in Notetab and saved from there
      instead of "saving" time by doing it from within ClipCachePlus, avoiding
      ever generating the Unicode versions.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail