Re: images to html page - available clips

  • notetab_is_great
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007

      > My idea how thumbnail pages ought to be done is this:
      >
      > http://axel.berger-odenthal.de/Urlaub/Pic/Is-05/D18/index.html
      >
      > It is a bit of a hack. The CSS standard has defined the attribute
      > "inline-table" for just this purpose but no single browser supports it
      > so you have to fudge it.
      > Don't forget to resize the window from very small to very wide and in
      > between. Firefox lets you do it while reformatting on the fly while you
      > drag - highly recommended for testing out fluid layouts.

      I looked at your page, and I like it. It is not quite clear how or
      why it should work, but it does. Can you explain the hacks a bit?

      And how to adjust the horizontal and vertical spacing between
      thumbnails, if it is possible?

      I notice the reference to IrfanView -- I also use IrfanView -- but did
      you write your own templates for IrfanView to use? Are you willing to
      share them?