[Clip] Re: Wizards and Caret

  • vanwasdi
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
      Perhaps this silly idea will work.
      Write "DamnedCaret" (can't be that hard with Intellisense) instead of
      "^" and put a last clip in your template that replaces "DamnedCaret"
      with "^".

      Dirk

      <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > | Lee,
      > |
      > | as Hugo has already pointed out, you can use the ^%caret%
      > | variable as stand-in.
      > |
      > | But there is another problem, the unfortunate order of
      > | '^' followed by '&' in your character string.
      > |
      > | '^&' has special meaning to Notetab.
      > |
      > | Your character list contains other characters,
      > | that might interact with the caret:
      > |
      > | * = ? & ! and $
      > |

      > | Some of these interactions might be intermittant, but
      > | "^*" will ALWAYS cause you trouble, as will "^&".
      > |

      > | Cheers,
      > |

      > | Eb
      > |

      > Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping that there was a way to mark
      something as plain text in a wizard so that it would ignore everything
      between the "boundaries".

      > Lee

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
        Try using two carets wherever you want one. e.g., ^^

      • Lee Underwood
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
          On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:24:49 -0000 "vanwasdi" <dirk.vanwassenhove@...> wrote:

          | Perhaps this silly idea will work.
          | Write "DamnedCaret" (can't be that hard with Intellisense) instead of
          | "^" and put a last clip in your template that replaces "DamnedCaret"
          | with "^".
          |
          | Dirk

          Thanks, Dirk, however I don't use Intellisense. I would just have to do a few search and replace operations. Might just be better to figure out how to do it all in something like PHP, where I can escape characters if I need to.

          Lee
        • Bob Gorman
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
            Several recent posts have mentioned Intellisense.
            I have it, make that had it.
            I loved it, being dyslexic it was a tremendous help to me, and made my
            enjoyment of Notetab even greater, and the writing of clips much easier.
            About 3-4 months ago it simply stopped working!
            I've re-booted, reloaded, etc. but to no avail. I've tried to get
            support which is non-existent except for a forum which get posted to
            about once year.

            Has this happened to any of you - Intellisense just stopping working?

            I'd love to get it back.

            Bob

            --
            'I am only one; but I am still one.
            I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.

          • Lee Underwood
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
              On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:42:08 -0400 Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

              | Try using two carets wherever you want one. e.g., ^^
              |
              | Regards,
              | Sheri

              Thanks, Sheri. I guess I'll just use that. It seems easier.

              Lee
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                Hi
                Have you seen this
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377

                THANKYOU DAVE M

                > Several recent posts have mentioned Intellisense.
                > I have it, make that had it.
                > I loved it, being dyslexic it was a tremendous help to me, and made my
                > enjoyment of Notetab even greater, and the writing of clips much easier.
                > About 3-4 months ago it simply stopped working!
                > I've re-booted, reloaded, etc. but to no avail. I've tried to get
                > support which is non-existent except for a forum which get posted to
                > about once year.
                >
                > Has this happened to any of you - Intellisense just stopping working?
                >
                > I'd love to get it back.
                >
                > Bob
                >
                > --
                > 'I am only one; but I am still one.
                > I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
                > I will not refuse to do the something I can do.'
                > -- Helen Keller

                > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • backup2abet
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                  Hi friends,

                  If possible, I want to use Intellisense. Where is possible to download,
                  if exist?

                  Thanks!

                  Brito

                  Dave escreveu:

                  > Hi
                  > Have you seen this
                  > http://support. microsoft. com/kb/913377
                  > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377>
                  >
                  > THANKYOU DAVE M

                • Bob Gorman
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 16, 2007
                    Dave wrote

                    > Hi
                    > Have you seen this
                    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377
                    > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377>
                    >
                    > THANKYOU DAVE M

                    Thanks for the pointer.
                    I followed it, did all registrations with M$Soft, etc. downloaded, etc.

                    But it didn't help.

                    Bob