Re: Wizards and Caret

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13 1:41 PM
      Lee,

      as Hugo has already pointed out, you can use the ^%caret%
      variable as stand-in.

      But there is another problem, the unfortunate order of
      '^' followed by '&' in your character string.

      '^&' has special meaning to Notetab.

      Your character list contains other characters,
      that might interact with the caret:

      * = ? & ! and $

      Some of these interactions might be intermittant, but
      "^*" will ALWAYS cause you trouble, as will "^&".

      Cheers,

      Eb
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13 2:08 PM
        On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:41:28 -0000 "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

        | Lee,
        |
        | as Hugo has already pointed out, you can use the ^%caret%
        | variable as stand-in.
        |
        | But there is another problem, the unfortunate order of
        | '^' followed by '&' in your character string.
        |
        | '^&' has special meaning to Notetab.
        |
        | Your character list contains other characters,
        | that might interact with the caret:
        |
        | * = ? & ! and $
        |

        | Some of these interactions might be intermittant, but
        | "^*" will ALWAYS cause you trouble, as will "^&".
        |

        | Cheers,
        |

        | Eb

        Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping that there was a way to mark something as plain text in a wizard so that it would ignore everything between the "boundaries".

        Lee
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 14 8:18 AM
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping that there was a way to mark
          something as plain text in a wizard so that it would ignore everything
          between the "boundaries".

          One of the great things in NoteTab is, that there are usually many
          ways to do the same thing. If you post a specific need, perhaps
          sombody has a workaroound, that will do the trick.

          Eb
        • vanwasdi
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 14 8:24 AM
            Perhaps this silly idea will work.
            Write "DamnedCaret" (can't be that hard with Intellisense) instead of
            "^" and put a last clip in your template that replaces "DamnedCaret"
            with "^".

            Dirk

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:41:28 -0000 "ebbtidalflats"
            <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

            > | Lee,
            > |
            > | as Hugo has already pointed out, you can use the ^%caret%
            > | variable as stand-in.
            > |
            > | But there is another problem, the unfortunate order of
            > | '^' followed by '&' in your character string.
            > |
            > | '^&' has special meaning to Notetab.
            > |
            > | Your character list contains other characters,
            > | that might interact with the caret:
            > |
            > | * = ? & ! and $
            > |

            > | Some of these interactions might be intermittant, but
            > | "^*" will ALWAYS cause you trouble, as will "^&".
            > |

            > | Cheers,
            > |

            > | Eb
            > |

            > Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping that there was a way to mark
            something as plain text in a wizard so that it would ignore everything
            between the "boundaries".

            > Lee

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 14 8:42 AM
              Try using two carets wherever you want one. e.g., ^^

            • Lee Underwood
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 14 8:55 AM
                On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:24:49 -0000 "vanwasdi" <dirk.vanwassenhove@...> wrote:

                | Perhaps this silly idea will work.
                | Write "DamnedCaret" (can't be that hard with Intellisense) instead of
                | "^" and put a last clip in your template that replaces "DamnedCaret"
                | with "^".
                |
                | Dirk

                Thanks, Dirk, however I don't use Intellisense. I would just have to do a few search and replace operations. Might just be better to figure out how to do it all in something like PHP, where I can escape characters if I need to.

                Lee
              • Bob Gorman
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 14 9:46 AM
                  Several recent posts have mentioned Intellisense.
                  I have it, make that had it.
                  I loved it, being dyslexic it was a tremendous help to me, and made my
                  enjoyment of Notetab even greater, and the writing of clips much easier.
                  About 3-4 months ago it simply stopped working!
                  I've re-booted, reloaded, etc. but to no avail. I've tried to get
                  support which is non-existent except for a forum which get posted to
                  about once year.

                  Has this happened to any of you - Intellisense just stopping working?

                  I'd love to get it back.

                  Bob

                  --
                  'I am only one; but I am still one.
                  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.

                • Lee Underwood
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 14 7:58 PM
                    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:42:08 -0400 Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

                    | Try using two carets wherever you want one. e.g., ^^
                    |
                    | Regards,
                    | Sheri

                    Thanks, Sheri. I guess I'll just use that. It seems easier.

                    Lee
                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15 5:57 AM
                      Hi
                      Have you seen this
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377

                      THANKYOU DAVE M

                      > Several recent posts have mentioned Intellisense.
                      > I have it, make that had it.
                      > I loved it, being dyslexic it was a tremendous help to me, and made my
                      > enjoyment of Notetab even greater, and the writing of clips much easier.
                      > About 3-4 months ago it simply stopped working!
                      > I've re-booted, reloaded, etc. but to no avail. I've tried to get
                      > support which is non-existent except for a forum which get posted to
                      > about once year.
                      >
                      > Has this happened to any of you - Intellisense just stopping working?
                      >
                      > I'd love to get it back.
                      >
                      > Bob
                      >
                      > --
                      > 'I am only one; but I am still one.
                      > I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
                      > I will not refuse to do the something I can do.'
                      > -- Helen Keller

                      > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • backup2abet
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 15 10:05 AM
                        Hi friends,

                        If possible, I want to use Intellisense. Where is possible to download,
                        if exist?

                        Thanks!

                        Brito

                        Dave escreveu:

                        > Hi
                        > Have you seen this
                        > http://support. microsoft. com/kb/913377
                        > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377>
                        >
                        > THANKYOU DAVE M

                      • Bob Gorman
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 16 8:13 PM
                          Dave wrote

                          > Hi
                          > Have you seen this
                          > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377
                          > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913377>
                          >
                          > THANKYOU DAVE M

                          Thanks for the pointer.
                          I followed it, did all registrations with M$Soft, etc. downloaded, etc.

                          But it didn't help.

                          Bob