Re: [Clip] Re: true/false switches in clips -- was sorting lists with a clip

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 10, 2007
      Flo wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
      > wrote:
      >> So my question of the day that relates, as it is string sorting ...
      >
      > Don,
      >
      > I couldn't find it in the help file. But testing shows
      > that "yes/1/true" and "no/0/false" have the same effect in NT5.
      >
      > By the way: I think one has to thoroughly watch the effect of the
      > different Case Parameters.

      Flo,

      You and Sherri take the intelligence cake around here! Your answers are
      always very helpful. I noticed you used 0/1 in your example clip on
      sorting yesterday. I find the sorting things you did (and the "off"
      results of the various combinations) to be most interesting. This
      should really be documented. I am hopeful that perhaps Eric will see
      your post and give that issue some thought as it doesn't seem to me that
      we should be getting different results under each of those
      circumstances. Some of them obviously are giving different directions,
      but it appears if you give the same instruction to the menu vs strsort,
      you get differing results. Most interesting and I thank you immensely
      for your time.

      Don