Re: [Clip] Skyp/Vcard - clip or help request

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 3:45 PM
      x222fbj wrote:
      > A sample record is below..

      This certainly is doable, but there might be a far easier way. Take a
      look at your favourite database, your format is quite a common one and
      decent databases should be able to read it. If you misuse a spreadsheet
      as database otoh you can't.

      As I see it all lines contain a colon. A rough outline (I used to do
      these things in BASIC, not in clips, so I can't run off a finished
      version) is this:

      Read a line
      Take the bit left of the colon
      If it is "end" write a CSV line
      If it is "begin" clear all your variables
      If it is "N" copy the part right of the first colon into your "number"
      variable
      If it is something else, just ignore it
      Read the next line