Skyp/Vcard - clip or help request

  • x222fbj
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi,
      I would like to extract the name/phone fields from my Skype (exported)
      contact list. The list is exported as .VCF (vcard). A sample record
      is below..
      BEGIN:VCARD
      VERSION:3.0
      N:+18887576500
      X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:+18887576500
      X-SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:BellSouth
      REV:01070801T180322Z
      END:VCARD

      Some records have additional fields if depending on what additional
      skype info was added. I want the 2 fields below to eventually be in an
      html table that I already have with other columns. But I really just
      need a clip to create something like "BellSouth, 1888-757-6500"
      X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:+18887576500
      X-SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:BellSouth

      I never got into clips - and maybe I will learn now - but thought I'd
      first ask if a clip is already out there to do this, or something
      similar that I could modify.

      Thanks

      FYI - In the Off Topic forum there is info re a new "Notetab Custom
      Search Engine" at
      http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=013892117108660286026%3Any_weckjisy
    • Flo
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "x222fbj" <222fbj@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I would like to extract the name/phone fields from my Skype
        (exported)
        > contact list...

        I don't know that file type and the full details of this task.
        However, given data like...

        BEGIN:VCARD
        VERSION:3.0
        N:+18887576500
        X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:+18887576500
        X-SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:BellSouth
        REV:01070801T180322Z
        END:VCARD
        BEGIN:VCARD
        VERSION:3.0
        N:+18887576500
        X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:+22227573333
        X-SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:BullNorth
        REV:01070801T180322Z
        END:VCARD
        BEGIN:VCARD
        VERSION:3.0
        N:+18887576500
        X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:+44447575555
        X-SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:BillWest
        REV:01070801T180322Z
        END:VCARD

        ...you could run the following clip

        ^!ClearVariables
        ^!SetListDelimiter ^%NL%
        ; long line start
        ^!Set %Num%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^(X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:\+)(\d+)\r\n(X-
        SKYPE-DISPLAYNAME:)(\w+)")$
        ; long line end - no line break in between!)
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!InsertText ^%Num%
        ; long line start
        ^!Replace "^X-SKYPE-PSTNNUMBER:\+(\d{4})(\d{3})(\d{4})\r\nX-SKYPE-
        DISPLAYNAME:(\w+)$" >> "$4,\x20$1-$2-$3" AWRS
        ; long line end

        in order to get the following output...

        BellSouth, 1888-757-6500
        BullNorth, 2222-757-3333
        BillWest, 4444-757-555

        Regards,
        Flo
      • x222fbj
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2007
          Thanks very much Flo - I'll try that - and start reading clip
          tutorials if I need to make any changes - I've put off learning to
          edit clips for much too long.
          thanks again.
          Barrett