Re: Update

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2007

      > The 5.2 and 5.3 updates are on my disk, but I'm still running my
      > original 5.1. Please remind me which files that I want to keep I
      > need to save before updating. I remember Sheri's Clipcode help
      > but I'm unsure about my modified clips with the original names.
      > Is there a list recommending what to save?
      >
      > Danke
      > Axel

      Hi Axel,

      Unless your notepro.ini file in the application folder instead of
      C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\, your
      customized libraries are outside of the area that gets updated. I'm
      pretty sure that existing libraries do not get replaced even when
      stored under the application folder. However, you may want to back up
      your customized libraries prior to updating.

      The customized cliphelp.clh (in the application folder) used by the
      Clipcode Syntax clips would get overwritten. I think write protecting
      it might prevent that. However, what I do is rename it before
      updating, then restore it afterwards.