Re:NoteTab 5.3 is out!

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abetsent" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

      > Sheri, thanks. I think that is the SetDebug output x Keyboard, as
      > you suggest. Originally (with 4.95) I used a Delay 1 after each
      > Keyboard and without the Debug output to file, but I used this Debug
      > in the 5.30 and the clip don't worked. I used Delay 4 and worked
      > fine.
      >
      > Probably the problem is that in 5.30 the SetDebug to file
      > run "almost" at the same time than your Keyboard code, he execute
      > the code and at the same moment write to a file.
      >
      > I use the 5.30/Keyboard to run/control a lot of external programs.
      > Perhaps with the 5.30 this is not a good option, and will be better
      > to use a keyboard macro program to do that, like IMacros and others?
      > Other option will be to use a SetDebug off before ntp Keyboards to
      > control an external program?
      >
      > I think that you finded! Thanks.

      Hello,

      I just tried a debug log for a clip I use to send keystrokes to
      another window and it worked well with no adjustment to the ^!Delays
      already present. To minimize the possibility of sending the keys to
      the wrong window, I always test ^$GetAppTitle$ before sending keys and
      ^!Delay in a loop until it is active after ^!Focusapp Whateverapp.

      If anything the ^!Keyboard command is working better for me in 5.3
      than previous versions!

      I've written a clip that I call to send debug output to a log, it
      prompts for the file name and whether I want to restart, append or
      bypass the log (single step). I don't want to forget a debug log is
      active and have it appended when I don't need it. I find the clip
      helpful, here it is if interested. Be sure to unwrap the long lines.

      H="ClipDebug"
      ;2007-07-06 Created by Sheri Pierce
      ;Call this clip as follows:
      ;^!Farclip "MyLibrary:ClipDebug" ^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
      ^!Set %sourceclip%=^&
      ^!If ^$StrSize(^%sourceclip%)$=2 Next Else Skip_1
      ^!Set %sourceclip%=^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
      ^!Set %origdebugfile%=^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$
      ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^%origdebugfile%"
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%origdebugfile%)$ Next Else Skip_1
      ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$clipdebug.txt"
      ^!SetWizardTitle ^%sourceclip%
      ;start very long line
      ^!Set %action%="^?{(T=L,H=3) Debug File
      Action==_Restart|Append|Bypass}";%mydebugfile%="^?{(T=S;F=*.*
      (*.*)|*.*)Debug File Name==^%mydebugfile%}"
      ;end very long line
      ;start very long line
      ^!Set
      %debugheader%="========================================^%NL%^$GetDate(yyyy/mm/dd
      tt)$^%NL%^!SetDebug for Source Clip
      ^%sourceclip%^%NL%^%action%^%NL%========================================^%NL%^!Setdebug
      "^%mydebugfile%"^%NL%^%NL%"
      ;end very long line
      ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Bypass" Next Else Skip_1
      ^!Goto TurnDebugOn
      ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Restart" Redo Else Append
      :Redo
      ^!TextToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
      ^!Goto Finish
      :Append
      ^!AppendToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
      :Finish
      ^!IfDiff "^%origdebugfile%" "^%mydebugfile% Next Else Skip_1
      ^!SaveValue ClipDebugFile=^%mydebugfile%
      ^!ClearVariable %debugheader%
      ^!ClearVariable %mydebugfile%
      ^!ClearVariable %action%
      ^!ClearVariable ^%sourceclip%
      ^!Setdebug "^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$"
      ^!Goto End
      :TurnDebugOn
      ^!Prompt Bypassing Log, Going to Single Step
      ^!SetDebug On
      ;end of clip