Re: [Clip] Re: Character conversion

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2007
      Flo wrote:
      > Thank you, Sheri. With your help I could reduce the clip to the
      > following lines...

      Thank you all - your suggestions gave me a lot to learn from. After
      seeing all that I have decided I must get to grips with Pascal soon, if
      I could do it on the Atari I can do it again. It's so much simpler:

      Make an array a of 256 bytes and fill it with the conversion table.
      Then do:
      Read byte from input file
      Write a(byte) to output file
      loop

      Of course doing it bytewise looks extremely bad, but when the OS already
      has very efficient caching in place, why not make use of it?