Re: [Clip] Re:NoteTab 5.3 is out!

  • backup2abet
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
      Hi,

      I don't use any Regex in these 2 scripts.

      Any other reason?

      JMV escreveu:

      > Off the top of my head, I would say that since the REGEX is a LOT
      > different that the reason you can't find might be in that documentation?
      >
      > Hi friends,
      >
      > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300 lines.
      >
      > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
      >
      > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
      >
      > Speed or other reason?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > C Brito

    • JMV
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
        Maybe, but now the burdon is on you. You should tell us WHAT it is that doesn't work, error messages, etc. Theres a lot of really sharp people on this board, but none of them that I know of have ESP <g>

        _______________________
        John-Marc Ventimiglia

        JMV escreveu:

        > Off the top of my head, I would say that since the REGEX is a LOT
        > different that the reason you can't find might be in that documentation?
        >
        > Hi friends,
        >
        > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300 lines.
        >
        > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
        >
        > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
        >
        > Speed or other reason?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > C Brito

      • backup2abet
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
          Hi John,

          I asked if exists some KNOW differences. The scripts are too long, I go
          to see line by line, I really don't imagine the problem because they are
          vanilla codes.

          First, I go to examine the ^!Keyboards, as Sheri say.

          The SetDelay? I suppose that is more fast in 5.30, but I don't know.

          However, the two scripts are very standard, no Regexs, all "standard"
          code, etc.

          The problem is that I worked 10 days to debug and now is ok w/4.95 (I
          runned 50 times), but no in 5.30.

          The first 4.95 I runned in a computer, the second (5.30) in another, but
          both Windows XP Pro. I go to test in the same computer.

          Thanks.

          I JMV escreveu:

          > Maybe, but now the burdon is on you. You should tell us WHAT it is
          > that doesn't work, error messages, etc. Theres a lot of really sharp
          > people on this board, but none of them that I know of have ESP <g>
          >
          > _______________________
          > John-Marc Ventimiglia

        • abetsent
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
            Sheri, thanks. I think that is the SetDebug output x Keyboard, as
            you suggest. Originally (with 4.95) I used a Delay 1 after each
            Keyboard and without the Debug output to file, but I used this Debug
            in the 5.30 and the clip don't worked. I used Delay 4 and worked
            fine.

            Probably the problem is that in 5.30 the SetDebug to file
            run "almost" at the same time than your Keyboard code, he execute
            the code and at the same moment write to a file.

            I use the 5.30/Keyboard to run/control a lot of external programs.
            Perhaps with the 5.30 this is not a good option, and will be better
            to use a keyboard macro program to do that, like IMacros and others?
            Other option will be to use a SetDebug off before ntp Keyboards to
            control an external program?

            I think that you finded! Thanks.

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, account <backup2abet@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi friends,
            > >
            > > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300
            lines.

            > > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
            > >
            > > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
            > >
            > > Speed or other reason?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > C Brito
            > >

            > You haven't given us much to comment on.
            >
            > NoteTab was rewritten since 4.95. In particular the old regex
            > expressions do not work in version 5+.
            >
            > In 5.3 the ^!Keyboard command was made to be compatible with
            Windows
            > Vista. It might work a bit differently in other versions of
            Windows.
            > It still works in my existing clips on XP that use ^!Keyboard.
            However
            > I do not use ^!Keyboard commands to control NoteTab itself. In most
            > cases there are other special-purpose commands for what I'm trying
            > do, that are not susceptible to timing differences (like ^!
            Keyboard).
            > Also, trying to use ^!Keyboard commands while logging debug output
            > file might be an issue. I haven't tried that.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sheri

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abetsent" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

              > Sheri, thanks. I think that is the SetDebug output x Keyboard, as
              > you suggest. Originally (with 4.95) I used a Delay 1 after each
              > Keyboard and without the Debug output to file, but I used this Debug
              > in the 5.30 and the clip don't worked. I used Delay 4 and worked
              > fine.
              >
              > Probably the problem is that in 5.30 the SetDebug to file
              > run "almost" at the same time than your Keyboard code, he execute
              > the code and at the same moment write to a file.
              >
              > I use the 5.30/Keyboard to run/control a lot of external programs.
              > Perhaps with the 5.30 this is not a good option, and will be better
              > to use a keyboard macro program to do that, like IMacros and others?
              > Other option will be to use a SetDebug off before ntp Keyboards to
              > control an external program?
              >
              > I think that you finded! Thanks.

              Hello,

              I just tried a debug log for a clip I use to send keystrokes to
              another window and it worked well with no adjustment to the ^!Delays
              already present. To minimize the possibility of sending the keys to
              the wrong window, I always test ^$GetAppTitle$ before sending keys and
              ^!Delay in a loop until it is active after ^!Focusapp Whateverapp.

              If anything the ^!Keyboard command is working better for me in 5.3
              than previous versions!

              I've written a clip that I call to send debug output to a log, it
              prompts for the file name and whether I want to restart, append or
              bypass the log (single step). I don't want to forget a debug log is
              active and have it appended when I don't need it. I find the clip
              helpful, here it is if interested. Be sure to unwrap the long lines.

              H="ClipDebug"
              ;2007-07-06 Created by Sheri Pierce
              ;Call this clip as follows:
              ;^!Farclip "MyLibrary:ClipDebug" ^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
              ^!Set %sourceclip%=^&
              ^!If ^$StrSize(^%sourceclip%)$=2 Next Else Skip_1
              ^!Set %sourceclip%=^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
              ^!Set %origdebugfile%=^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$
              ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^%origdebugfile%"
              ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%origdebugfile%)$ Next Else Skip_1
              ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$clipdebug.txt"
              ^!SetWizardTitle ^%sourceclip%
              ;start very long line
              ^!Set %action%="^?{(T=L,H=3) Debug File
              Action==_Restart|Append|Bypass}";%mydebugfile%="^?{(T=S;F=*.*
              (*.*)|*.*)Debug File Name==^%mydebugfile%}"
              ;end very long line
              ;start very long line
              ^!Set
              %debugheader%="========================================^%NL%^$GetDate(yyyy/mm/dd
              tt)$^%NL%^!SetDebug for Source Clip
              ^%sourceclip%^%NL%^%action%^%NL%========================================^%NL%^!Setdebug
              "^%mydebugfile%"^%NL%^%NL%"
              ;end very long line
              ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Bypass" Next Else Skip_1
              ^!Goto TurnDebugOn
              ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Restart" Redo Else Append
              :Redo
              ^!TextToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
              ^!Goto Finish
              :Append
              ^!AppendToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
              :Finish
              ^!IfDiff "^%origdebugfile%" "^%mydebugfile% Next Else Skip_1
              ^!SaveValue ClipDebugFile=^%mydebugfile%
              ^!ClearVariable %debugheader%
              ^!ClearVariable %mydebugfile%
              ^!ClearVariable %action%
              ^!ClearVariable ^%sourceclip%
              ^!Setdebug "^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$"
              ^!Goto End
              :TurnDebugOn
              ^!Prompt Bypassing Log, Going to Single Step
              ^!SetDebug On
              ;end of clip