Re: [Clip] Re:NoteTab 5.3 is out!

  • JMV
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
      Off the top of my head, I would say that since the REGEX is a LOT different that the reason you can't find might be in that documentation?

      Hi friends,

      I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300 lines.

      And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.

      I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?

      Speed or other reason?

      Thanks,
      C Brito

    • backup2abet
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
        Hi,

        I don't use any Regex in these 2 scripts.

        Any other reason?

        JMV escreveu:

        > Off the top of my head, I would say that since the REGEX is a LOT
        > different that the reason you can't find might be in that documentation?
        >
        > Hi friends,
        >
        > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300 lines.
        >
        > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
        >
        > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
        >
        > Speed or other reason?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > C Brito

      • JMV
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
          Maybe, but now the burdon is on you. You should tell us WHAT it is that doesn't work, error messages, etc. Theres a lot of really sharp people on this board, but none of them that I know of have ESP <g>

          _______________________
          John-Marc Ventimiglia

          JMV escreveu:

          > Off the top of my head, I would say that since the REGEX is a LOT
          > different that the reason you can't find might be in that documentation?
          >
          > Hi friends,
          >
          > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300 lines.
          >
          > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
          >
          > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
          >
          > Speed or other reason?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > C Brito

        • backup2abet
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
            Hi John,

            I asked if exists some KNOW differences. The scripts are too long, I go
            to see line by line, I really don't imagine the problem because they are
            vanilla codes.

            First, I go to examine the ^!Keyboards, as Sheri say.

            The SetDelay? I suppose that is more fast in 5.30, but I don't know.

            However, the two scripts are very standard, no Regexs, all "standard"
            code, etc.

            The problem is that I worked 10 days to debug and now is ok w/4.95 (I
            runned 50 times), but no in 5.30.

            The first 4.95 I runned in a computer, the second (5.30) in another, but
            both Windows XP Pro. I go to test in the same computer.

            Thanks.

            I JMV escreveu:

            > Maybe, but now the burdon is on you. You should tell us WHAT it is
            > that doesn't work, error messages, etc. Theres a lot of really sharp
            > people on this board, but none of them that I know of have ESP <g>
            >
            > _______________________
            > John-Marc Ventimiglia

          • abetsent
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
              Sheri, thanks. I think that is the SetDebug output x Keyboard, as
              you suggest. Originally (with 4.95) I used a Delay 1 after each
              Keyboard and without the Debug output to file, but I used this Debug
              in the 5.30 and the clip don't worked. I used Delay 4 and worked
              fine.

              Probably the problem is that in 5.30 the SetDebug to file
              run "almost" at the same time than your Keyboard code, he execute
              the code and at the same moment write to a file.

              I use the 5.30/Keyboard to run/control a lot of external programs.
              Perhaps with the 5.30 this is not a good option, and will be better
              to use a keyboard macro program to do that, like IMacros and others?
              Other option will be to use a SetDebug off before ntp Keyboards to
              control an external program?

              I think that you finded! Thanks.

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, account <backup2abet@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi friends,
              > >
              > > I installed the 5.30. and runned two scripts, of 200 and 300
              lines.

              > > And they don't worked, but are ok with 4.95.
              > >
              > > I don't find any reason for that. Any suggestion?
              > >
              > > Speed or other reason?
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > C Brito
              > >

              > You haven't given us much to comment on.
              >
              > NoteTab was rewritten since 4.95. In particular the old regex
              > expressions do not work in version 5+.
              >
              > In 5.3 the ^!Keyboard command was made to be compatible with
              Windows
              > Vista. It might work a bit differently in other versions of
              Windows.
              > It still works in my existing clips on XP that use ^!Keyboard.
              However
              > I do not use ^!Keyboard commands to control NoteTab itself. In most
              > cases there are other special-purpose commands for what I'm trying
              > do, that are not susceptible to timing differences (like ^!
              Keyboard).
              > Also, trying to use ^!Keyboard commands while logging debug output
              > file might be an issue. I haven't tried that.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Sheri

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abetsent" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

                > Sheri, thanks. I think that is the SetDebug output x Keyboard, as
                > you suggest. Originally (with 4.95) I used a Delay 1 after each
                > Keyboard and without the Debug output to file, but I used this Debug
                > in the 5.30 and the clip don't worked. I used Delay 4 and worked
                > fine.
                >
                > Probably the problem is that in 5.30 the SetDebug to file
                > run "almost" at the same time than your Keyboard code, he execute
                > the code and at the same moment write to a file.
                >
                > I use the 5.30/Keyboard to run/control a lot of external programs.
                > Perhaps with the 5.30 this is not a good option, and will be better
                > to use a keyboard macro program to do that, like IMacros and others?
                > Other option will be to use a SetDebug off before ntp Keyboards to
                > control an external program?
                >
                > I think that you finded! Thanks.

                Hello,

                I just tried a debug log for a clip I use to send keystrokes to
                another window and it worked well with no adjustment to the ^!Delays
                already present. To minimize the possibility of sending the keys to
                the wrong window, I always test ^$GetAppTitle$ before sending keys and
                ^!Delay in a loop until it is active after ^!Focusapp Whateverapp.

                If anything the ^!Keyboard command is working better for me in 5.3
                than previous versions!

                I've written a clip that I call to send debug output to a log, it
                prompts for the file name and whether I want to restart, append or
                bypass the log (single step). I don't want to forget a debug log is
                active and have it appended when I don't need it. I find the clip
                helpful, here it is if interested. Be sure to unwrap the long lines.

                H="ClipDebug"
                ;2007-07-06 Created by Sheri Pierce
                ;Call this clip as follows:
                ;^!Farclip "MyLibrary:ClipDebug" ^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
                ^!Set %sourceclip%=^&
                ^!If ^$StrSize(^%sourceclip%)$=2 Next Else Skip_1
                ^!Set %sourceclip%=^$GetLibraryName$:^$GetClipName$
                ^!Set %origdebugfile%=^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$
                ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^%origdebugfile%"
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%origdebugfile%)$ Next Else Skip_1
                ^!Set %mydebugfile%="^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$clipdebug.txt"
                ^!SetWizardTitle ^%sourceclip%
                ;start very long line
                ^!Set %action%="^?{(T=L,H=3) Debug File
                Action==_Restart|Append|Bypass}";%mydebugfile%="^?{(T=S;F=*.*
                (*.*)|*.*)Debug File Name==^%mydebugfile%}"
                ;end very long line
                ;start very long line
                ^!Set
                %debugheader%="========================================^%NL%^$GetDate(yyyy/mm/dd
                tt)$^%NL%^!SetDebug for Source Clip
                ^%sourceclip%^%NL%^%action%^%NL%========================================^%NL%^!Setdebug
                "^%mydebugfile%"^%NL%^%NL%"
                ;end very long line
                ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Bypass" Next Else Skip_1
                ^!Goto TurnDebugOn
                ^!IfSame "^%action%" "Restart" Redo Else Append
                :Redo
                ^!TextToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
                ^!Goto Finish
                :Append
                ^!AppendToFile "^%mydebugfile%" ^%debugheader%
                :Finish
                ^!IfDiff "^%origdebugfile%" "^%mydebugfile% Next Else Skip_1
                ^!SaveValue ClipDebugFile=^%mydebugfile%
                ^!ClearVariable %debugheader%
                ^!ClearVariable %mydebugfile%
                ^!ClearVariable %action%
                ^!ClearVariable ^%sourceclip%
                ^!Setdebug "^$GetValue(ClipDebugFile)$"
                ^!Goto End
                :TurnDebugOn
                ^!Prompt Bypassing Log, Going to Single Step
                ^!SetDebug On
                ;end of clip