Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar content?

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 6, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Flo" <jonas_ramus@...> wrote:

      > ^!Set %Search%=^?{Enter search string:}
      > ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
      > ^!Set %Lines%=^$GetDocMatchAll(^.*^%Search%.*$)$
      > ^!Toolbar New Document
      > ^!InsertText ^%Lines%

      I'm impressed. But how do you use this technique to REMOVE the matches?
      What if I want to keep only those lines, that DO NOT contain my target
      string?

      8=D
      Y (cheers)

      Eb
    • loro
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 6, 2008
        Flo wrote:
        >With ^!SetScreenUpdate Off your Clip needs 32 seconds to run my test
        >(reducing 15,000 to 234 lines). I'm working with a 1,6-GHz-Notebook.

        Thank you, Flo. At least there is a significant difference. I'm a
        little shocked. I hadn't noticed before that Notetab has gotten
        slower in some respects.

        Lotta