Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar content?

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 6, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Flo" <jonas_ramus@...> wrote:
      > However, I would choose another solution for that task. Here is just
      > a basic concept (without those details we discussed in "Creation of
      > clip"):
      >

      > ^!Set %Search%=^?{Enter search string:}
      > ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
      > ^!Set %Lines%=^$GetDocMatchAll(^.*^%Search%.*$)$
      > ^!Toolbar New Document
      > ^!InsertText ^%Lines%
      >

      > With ^$GetDocMatchAll$ we can do without any ^!Find, Loops, cursor
      > movements etc. which are slowing down a clip.
      >
      > I tested my proposal with 15.000 lines - it's doing the job within a
      > second, whereas Eb's concept (even with "^!SetScreenUpdate Off")
      > needs 34 second (on my notebook).

      Flo, that is an interesting approach. It never occured to me, that you
      could pick out partial sections of a document simultaneously.

      And I'll take 1 second over 34 any time.

      One could even paste the captured lines over the original, if you're
      working on a copy to begin with.

      Thanks for the suggestion -- I have immediate use for it.

      Eb
    • loro
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 6, 2008
        Flo wrote:
        >With ^!SetScreenUpdate Off your Clip needs 32 seconds to run my test
        >(reducing 15,000 to 234 lines). I'm working with a 1,6-GHz-Notebook.

        Thank you, Flo. At least there is a significant difference. I'm a
        little shocked. I hadn't noticed before that Notetab has gotten
        slower in some respects.

        Lotta