Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar content?

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 6 8:34 AM

      > Hi Flo, Eb, scenario_t_c,
      >
      > Flo, To work on your sample, I think he would need:
      >
      > ^!Select EOL (instead of ^!Select Line) and
      > ^!DeleteLine (currently used)
      >
      > or
      >
      > ^!Select Line (currently used) and
      > ^!Menu Edit/Delete (instead of ^!DeleteLine)

      Thanks Sheri,

      I forgot about the possibility, that ^!DeleteLine might delete the EOL
      at the end of the line, if selected.

      And of course both your suggestions are right on the money.
      So it wasn't a problem with StrPos after all.

      Further, in retrospect, this would not have been a good learning
      experience for a clipcode newbie.

      Eb
    • loro
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 6 2:45 PM
        Flo wrote:
        >With ^!SetScreenUpdate Off your Clip needs 32 seconds to run my test
        >(reducing 15,000 to 234 lines). I'm working with a 1,6-GHz-Notebook.

        Thank you, Flo. At least there is a significant difference. I'm a
        little shocked. I hadn't noticed before that Notetab has gotten
        slower in some respects.

        Lotta