Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar

  • mfrascinella@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hi,

      I tried the suggested clip from yesterday's reply but it deleted the lines *with* the string. I added the ^!SetDebug On statement and went through it line by line. The clip highlights the current line and tests for the string. It returns "If 0 > 0 SKIP" when the search string is missing, but deletes the following line instead of the current one.

      Has anyone else observed this behavior?

      Yours,

      Michael F
    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, mfrascinella@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I tried the suggested clip from yesterday's reply but it deleted the
        lines *with* the string. I added the ^!SetDebug On statement and went
        through it line by line. The clip highlights the current line and
        tests for the string. It returns "If 0 > 0 SKIP" when the search
        string is missing, but deletes the following line instead of the
        current one.

        > Has anyone else observed this behavior?
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Michael F
        > *************************
        > Never Forget
        > September 11, 2001
        > *************************

        Same thing, another angle, if you want one.

        H="Delete Lines Without Word"
        ^!Set %text%="tea"
        ^!Set %wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
        ^!SetWordWrap OFF
        ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
        ^!Jump DOC_END
        :Loop
        ^!If ^$StrPos("^%text%";"^$GetLine$";False)$ < 1 ^!DeleteLine
        ^!If ^$GetRow$ <= 1 Quit
        ^!Jump -1
        ^!Goto Loop
        :Quit