Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar content?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 5, 2007

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Sure thing.
      > > Select the clip between lines, copy to clipboard, open any
      > > clipbook, and click on "Add from clipboard":
      > >
      > > ---------------------------
      > > H="Delete Line Without Target Text"...
      >
      > Eb,
      >
      > When searching for "tea" and running that clip on the following six
      > lines (# 6 is empty)...
      >
      > sunrise
      > teacup
      > tea plantation
      > teapot
      > water
      > <---empty line
      >
      > ...you get three errors: Line #1 and #5 are not being deleted
      > although they don't contain the search string "tea". The clip
      > deletes line # 2 although it contains the search string.
      >
      > Flo

      Hi Flo, Eb, scenario_t_c,

      Flo, To work on your sample, I think he would need:

      ^!Select EOL (instead of ^!Select Line) and
      ^!DeleteLine (currently used)

      or

      ^!Select Line (currently used) and
      ^!Menu Edit/Delete (instead of ^!DeleteLine)

    • loro
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 6, 2008
        Flo wrote:
        >With ^!SetScreenUpdate Off your Clip needs 32 seconds to run my test
        >(reducing 15,000 to 234 lines). I'm working with a 1,6-GHz-Notebook.

        Thank you, Flo. At least there is a significant difference. I'm a
        little shocked. I hadn't noticed before that Notetab has gotten
        slower in some respects.

        Lotta