Re: How to set a clip capable of deleting lines without particaluar content?

  • Flo
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 5, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...>
      wrote:

      > Sure thing.
      > Select the clip between lines, copy to clipboard, open any clipbook,
      > and click on "Add from clipboard":
      >
      > ---------------------------
      > H="Delete Line Without Target Text"...

      Eb,

      When searching for "tea" and running that clip on the following six
      lines (# 6 is empty)...

      sunrise
      teacup
      tea plantation
      teapot
      water
            <---empty line

      ...you get three errors: Line #1 and #5 are not being deleted
      although they don't contain the search string "tea". The clip deletes
      line # 2 although it contains the search string.

      Flo

    • loro
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 6, 2008
        Flo wrote:
        >With ^!SetScreenUpdate Off your Clip needs 32 seconds to run my test
        >(reducing 15,000 to 234 lines). I'm working with a 1,6-GHz-Notebook.

        Thank you, Flo. At least there is a significant difference. I'm a
        little shocked. I hadn't noticed before that Notetab has gotten
        slower in some respects.

        Lotta