forcing a program to react to ^!PlayBack

  • kenfhill84083
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
      I am trying to send my Bible software program (WordSearch) some
      keystrokes to display Bible verses I have listed in NoteTab. I can
      change the focus to WordSearch via ^!FocusApp but I cannot get it to
      respond to any keystrokes via ^!PlayBack and I get errors when I use
      ^!TypeBack.

      Are there any other approaches besides this I could try or are there
      any keystrokes I could send that are universally recognized to give
      other programs a jolt?

      Ken
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill84083@...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to send my Bible software program (WordSearch) some
        > keystrokes to display Bible verses I have listed in NoteTab. I can
        > change the focus to WordSearch via ^!FocusApp but I cannot get it to
        > respond to any keystrokes via ^!PlayBack and I get errors when I use
        > ^!TypeBack.
        >
        > Are there any other approaches besides this I could try or are there
        > any keystrokes I could send that are universally recognized to give
        > other programs a jolt?
        >
        > Ken

        Yes. Use the ^!Keyboard command for sending keystrokes after ensuring
        the target application has focus. Some people have reported that the
        ^!Keyboard command doesn't work in Windows Vista however, and in any
        case using it successfully often requires use of ^!Delay's to get the
        timing right.

        This is the NoteTab Basic list, if you have other clip questions,
        please join the Clip list.

      • kenfhill84083
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          Thanks for the info. I've learned several tips from your posts. I
          guess I'm confused about more than ^!PlayBack, however, since I
          thought I was in the clip list (the "To" in this post is "ntb-clips").

          > This is the NoteTab Basic list, if you have other clip questions,
          > please join the Clip list.

          Ken
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            wrote:

            > Thanks for the info. I've learned several tips from your posts. I
            > guess I'm confused about more than ^!PlayBack, however, since I
            > thought I was in the clip list (the "To" in this post is "ntb-clips").
            >
            > > This is the NoteTab Basic list, if you have other clip questions,
            > > please join the Clip list.
            >
            > Ken

            Sorry 'bout that, you ARE on the Clip list :)

            I've never used ^!Playback or ^!Typeback successfully but have used
            ^!Keyboard. When automating anything for NoteTab itself though, use a
            native clip command rather than ^!Keyboard to avoid the timing issues.