Re: Global (all files) does not work.

  • Mark B.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "srxdan" <dano@...> wrote:

      > For Example I use:
      >
      > ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
      >
      > When I run this clip, it only works on the current open file and not
      > the others. I am using NTpro V5.2. It worked in v4xx. Any
      > suggestions? I was blown off by tech support when I tried to report
      > the problem.

      If necessary, you could loop through all open documents.

      H="loop through tabs"
      ; Documents are indexed 1 to GetDocCount.
      ^!Set %i%=^$GetDocCount$
      :Loop
      ^!If ^%i% < 1 ExitLoop
      ; Activate the document
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%i%
      ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
      ^!Dec %i%
      ^!GoTo Loop
      :ExitLoop
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "srxdan" <dano@...> wrote:

        > For Example I use:
        >
        > ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
        >
        > When I run this clip, it only works on the current open file and not
        > the others. I am using NTpro V5.2. It worked in v4xx. Any
        > suggestions? I was blown off by tech support when I tried to report
        > the problem.

        Dan,

        You can always troubleshoot by removing the "S(ilent)" switch, and see
        what kind of messages you get as you approach the end of the first
        document. Global search and replace from the menu DOES work.

        Replace will NOT replace anything in READ-ONLY documents. Some
        "undocumented feature" in NoteTab occasionally loads files as
        ReadOnly, even if they are not so on disk. I suspect (GUESS) this has
        something to do with Unicode files in Ascii/Ansi mode, or other
        filetype problem.

        Eb
      • Dan Rix
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
          Thank you, that worked, but the more important message is why does this work
          in v4.xx and not v5.2?

          Regards
          Dan

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
            I did this and nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Thanks, for the help

            Regards,
            Dan

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
              I tried it out, and it doesn't work.
              The menu based "all document" option works, the clip based one does not.

              I'd call it a BUG. Since you found it, you get to make it official ;).

              Eb

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rix" <dano@...> wrote:

              > I did this and nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Thanks, for
              the help

              > Regards,
              > Dan

              On Behalf