Global (all files) does not work.

  • srxdan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
      For Example I use:

      ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG

      When I run this clip, it only works on the current open file and not
      the others. I am using NTpro V5.2. It worked in v4xx. Any
      suggestions? I was blown off by tech support when I tried to report
      the problem.
    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "srxdan" <dano@...> wrote:

        > For Example I use:
        >
        > ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
        >
        > When I run this clip, it only works on the current open file and not
        > the others. I am using NTpro V5.2. It worked in v4xx. Any
        > suggestions? I was blown off by tech support when I tried to report
        > the problem.

        If necessary, you could loop through all open documents.

        H="loop through tabs"
        ; Documents are indexed 1 to GetDocCount.
        ^!Set %i%=^$GetDocCount$
        :Loop
        ^!If ^%i% < 1 ExitLoop
        ; Activate the document
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%i%
        ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
        ^!Dec %i%
        ^!GoTo Loop
        :ExitLoop
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "srxdan" <dano@...> wrote:

          > For Example I use:
          >
          > ^!Replace "NM1*85*" >> "^PNM1*85*" TWASG
          >
          > When I run this clip, it only works on the current open file and not
          > the others. I am using NTpro V5.2. It worked in v4xx. Any
          > suggestions? I was blown off by tech support when I tried to report
          > the problem.

          Dan,

          You can always troubleshoot by removing the "S(ilent)" switch, and see
          what kind of messages you get as you approach the end of the first
          document. Global search and replace from the menu DOES work.

          Replace will NOT replace anything in READ-ONLY documents. Some
          "undocumented feature" in NoteTab occasionally loads files as
          ReadOnly, even if they are not so on disk. I suspect (GUESS) this has
          something to do with Unicode files in Ascii/Ansi mode, or other
          filetype problem.

          Eb
        • Dan Rix
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
            Thank you, that worked, but the more important message is why does this work
            in v4.xx and not v5.2?

            Regards
            Dan

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
              I did this and nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Thanks, for the help

              Regards,
              Dan

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
                I tried it out, and it doesn't work.
                The menu based "all document" option works, the clip based one does not.

                I'd call it a BUG. Since you found it, you get to make it official ;).

                Eb

                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rix" <dano@...> wrote:

                > I did this and nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Thanks, for
                the help

                > Regards,
                > Dan

                On Behalf