Can a clip run the last run clip on all open docs?

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
      I have a clip I use to decapitate webpages, (remove the head), but can
      not figure out how to make it run on all open docs in NoteTab STD 5.1.

      Decapitate HTML

      ^!Find </head> TIWS
      ^!Jump SELECT_END
      ^!SelectTo 1:1
      ^!Menu EDIT/CUT

      What I thought would be handy would be a clip that selects the last run
      clip, and runs it on all open docs.

      Anyone have an idea on how to do it? That way you could run a clip, and
      then have it repeat that process on all open docs ( or optionally all
      docs in a directory).

      Thanks!

      Jeff
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
        Jeff Scism wrote:
        > I have a clip I use to decapitate webpages, (remove the head), but can
        > not figure out how to make it run on all open docs in NoteTab STD 5.1.
        >
        > Decapitate HTML
        >
        > ^!Find </head> TIWS
        > ^!Jump SELECT_END
        > ^!SelectTo 1:1
        > ^!Menu EDIT/CUT
        >
        > What I thought would be handy would be a clip that
        > selects the last run clip, and runs it on all open
        > docs. Anyone have an idea on how to do it? That way
        > you could run a clip, and then have it repeat that
        > process on all open docs ( or optionally all
        > docs in a directory).
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Jeff

        Jeff,

        Here's a simple clip to do all open htm? docs, all ?htm docs in a folder
        is a little more involved but, fairly easily done.

        -----------------
        H="Decapitate Html"
        ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
        ^!SetErrorLabel END
        ^!Document FIRST
        :NEXT
        ^!If ^$GetExt(^##)$ = .htm DECAPITATE
        ^!If ^$GetExt(^##)$ = .html DECAPITATE
        ^!Document NEXT
        ^!GoTo NEXT
        :DECAPITATE
        ^!Find </head> TIWS
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ^!SelectTo 1:1
        ^!Menu EDIT/CUT
        ^!Document NEXT
        ^!GoTo NEXT
        -----------------

        ºvº SL-6-69 -created- 2007.06.09 - 12.50.43

        New Beer WARNING Label:
        "The consumption of alcohol
        May lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really
        dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning."
        ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
          Thanks!!!

          I had done another method that required me to triple click each
          webpage, but automated is a lot faster when dealing with hundreds of pages.

          Really appreciate it!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
            Jeff Scism wrote:
            > Thanks!!!
            >
            > I had done another method that required me to triple click each
            > webpage, but automated is a lot faster when dealing with hundreds of
            pages.

            > Really appreciate it!
            >
            > hsavage wrote:
            >> Jeff Scism wrote:
            >>> I have a clip I use to decapitate webpages,
            >>> (remove the head), but can not figure out how
            >>> to make it run on all open docs in NoteTab STD 5.1.

            Jeff,

            If you want to do highly populated folders this clip will
            allow you to select any folder with .htm? you want to
            decapitate, does all htm's without exception, also allow
            you to operate on subfolders if you want.

            With the ^!Close SAVE line in action the 'heads' will be unrecoverable.
            Be sure to read the clip comment lines.

            I've tested this on a folder/subfolder with 48 files in each folder with
            no problems.

            ---
            H="Decapitate Html"
            ; • Modified-Updated~Created_20070610
            ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_10:31:58a
            ^!ClearVariables
            ;^!SetWizardTitle "DECAPITATE HTM? FILES"
            ^!SetWizardLabel "Select Folder And Choose Whether To Do SubFolders"
            ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
            ; edit next 'long' line to reflect your 'C:\starting_folder\sub_folder\'
            ;
            ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Select Folder To Work On=C:\+r2rweb\lists\};
            %subs%=^?{Edit Files In Path/SubFolders Also==YES^=+|_NO^=^%empty%}
            ;
            ^!Set %file%=^$GetFileFirst("^%subs%^%path%";*.*htm*;;unsorted)$
            ^!If '^%file%' = '^%EMPTY%' END
            :LOOP
            ; various file actions may be placed between dashed lines
            ; delay may need increasing or may not be needed at all.
            ^!Open ^%file%
            ^!Delay 1
            ;------------------------
            :DECAPITATE
            ^!Find </head> IWS
            ^!Jump SELECT_END
            ^!SelectTo 1:1
            ^!Menu EDIT/CUT
            ; by manipulating the next 2 lines you can leave
            ; files open or close each one as it's modified
            ; or leave each one open, modified, and unsaved.
            ;^!Save
            ^!Close SAVE
            ;------------------------
            ^!Set %file%=^$GetFileNext$
            ^!If ^%file% = ^%EMPTY% NEXT ELSE LOOP
            ^!CloseFileFind
            :END
            ^!StatusShow No Files With The Sought-After Extensions!
            ^!Delay 15
            ---

            • Copy Clip To Clipboard, RightClick
            • ClipBook At proposed location,
            • Click "Add from Clipboard"

            Carefully watch for email wrapped lines

            ºvº SL-6-76 -created- 2007.06.10 - 10.24.10

            Newspaper HeadLine...
            "4-H Girls Win Prizes for Fat Calves"
            ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
              I am using this to "eliminate" existing heads and then pasting a
              standard configuration in place. So it works ok with ^!Close Save.

              My ultimate plan is to have the heads controlled by CSS, if I ever
              figure that out, however I am finally making progress in learning how to
              clip program.

              Thanks again for your help.

              Jeff

              hsavage wrote:

              > ---
              > H="Decapitate Html"
              > ; • Modified-Updated~Created_20070610
              > ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_10:31:58a
              > ^!ClearVariables
              > ;^!SetWizardTitle "DECAPITATE HTM? FILES"
              > ^!SetWizardLabel "Select Folder And Choose Whether To Do SubFolders"
              > ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              > ; edit next 'long' line to reflect your 'C:\starting_folder\sub_folder\'
              > ;
              > ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Select Folder To Work On=C:\+r2rweb\lists\};
              > %subs%=^?{Edit Files In Path/SubFolders Also==YES^=+|_NO^=^%empty%}
              > ;
              > ^!Set %file%=^$GetFileFirst("^%subs%^%path%";*.*htm*;;unsorted)$
              > ^!If '^%file%' = '^%EMPTY%' END
              > :LOOP
              > ; various file actions may be placed between dashed lines
              > ; delay may need increasing or may not be needed at all.
              > ^!Open ^%file%
              > ^!Delay 1
              > ;------------------------
              > :DECAPITATE
              > ^!Find </head> IWS
              > ^!Jump SELECT_END
              > ^!SelectTo 1:1
              > ^!Menu EDIT/CUT
              > ; by manipulating the next 2 lines you can leave
              > ; files open or close each one as it's modified
              > ; or leave each one open, modified, and unsaved.
              > ;^!Save
              > ^!Close SAVE
              > ;------------------------
              > ^!Set %file%=^$GetFileNext$
              > ^!If ^%file% = ^%EMPTY% NEXT ELSE LOOP
              > ^!CloseFileFind
              > :END
              > ^!StatusShow No Files With The Sought-After Extensions!
              > ^!Delay 15
              > ---
              >
              > • Copy Clip To Clipboard, RightClick
              > • ClipBook At proposed location,
              > • Click "Add from Clipboard"
              >
              > Carefully watch for email wrapped lines
              >
              > ºvº SL-6-76 -created- 2007.06.10 - 10.24.10
              >
              > Newspaper HeadLine...
              > "4-H Girls Win Prizes for Fat Calves"
              > ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
              >

              > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
              > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • abairheart
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:

                > I have a clip I use to decapitate webpages, (remove the head), but can
                > not figure out how to make it run on all open docs in NoteTab STD 5.1.
                >
                > Decapitate HTML
                >
                > ^!Find </head> TIWS
                > ^!Jump SELECT_END
                > ^!SelectTo 1:1
                > ^!Menu EDIT/CUT
                >
                > What I thought would be handy would be a clip that selects the last run
                > clip, and runs it on all open docs.

                There are a number of approaches to do this.

                1. Save the clipname in the INI file,
                have the second clip run the clip stored that way:

                In every clip you consider for this treatment, add the line:
                ^!SaveValue LastRun:Clipname=^$GetClipName$

                In the clip that you want to have the last-run clip operate on all docs:

                ^!Set %clipname%=^$GetValue(LastRun:Clipname)$
                ^!Set %docs%=^$GetDocCount$
                :LOOP
                ^!SetDocindex ^%docs%
                ^!Clip "^%clipname%"
                ^!Dec %docs%
                ^!If ^%docs%>0 LOOP

                2. a second way is of course, to simply wrap the loop above around the
                code you want to run on all docs:

                ^!Set %docs%=^$GetDocCount$
                :LOOP
                ^!SetDocindex ^%docs%