[Clip] Re: Very simple database problem

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "duke_nukem_time"
      <duke_nukem_time@...> wrote:

      > Alan, I was able to get it working. As you suggested, I put the
      > file in the Admin Documents folder and it will load the txt file.
      > However, it still would give me an error about the path with the
      > quotes on (eg "^%File%"), so I left them off. I'm considering
      > upgrading to Standard Edition sometime soon to avoid future
      > incompatibilities such as this with Vista and the Lite version.
      > Thank you and Sheri for responding to my post.

      Hi,

      I agree with Harvey on the benefits of the Pro vs the Standard
      version. But on the compatibility issue between Vista and Light --

      While I don't know much about Vista security, I do know that with the
      Light version you need to have write privileges not only in the
      document's folder, but also in the installation folder where NoteTab
      keeps its ini file. I would try that clip again after moving the
      entire installation folder out of Program Files and into your "My
      Documents" area.

      In Standard and Pro versions 5+, the install procedure defaults to a
      new "multi-user" configuration where user files are not stored in the
      Program Files installation folder.