[Clip] Re: Very simple database problem

  • duke_nukem_time
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
      Alan, I was able to get it working. As you suggested, I put the file
      in the Admin Documents folder and it will load the txt file. However,
      it still would give me an error about the path with the quotes on (eg
      "^%File%"), so I left them off. I'm considering upgrading to Standard
      Edition sometime soon to avoid future incompatibilities such as this
      with Vista and the Lite version. Thank you and Sheri for responding to
      my post.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
        duke_nukem_time wrote:
        > Alan, I was able to get it working. As you suggested, I
        > put the file in the Admin Documents folder and it will
        > load the txt file. However, it still would give me an
        > error about the path with the quotes on (eg "^%File%"),
        > so I left them off. I'm considering upgrading to Standard
        > Edition sometime soon to avoid future incompatibilities
        > such as this with Vista and the Lite version.

        duke,

        Most of us would, probably, recommend NoteTab Pro over Standard. The
        advanced multiple 'UNDO' feature alone is worth the price difference.

        This is a link to Fookes delineating the features of NoteTab Pro,
        NoteTab Standard and NoteTab Light.

        http://www.notetab.com/chart.php

        As to the database problem at hand this work fine on my computer, XP
        Pro, with no errors.
        ----------------------
        H="Open Read Only"
        ; Menu
        ; change folder in next line to your preference.
        ;
        ; you may, or may not, want to add a folder to 'save to'.
        ; long line below, check for wrapping.
        ;
        ^!Set %File%=^?{(T=O)Select the filelist to
        use=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$}; %SFA%=^?{Webpage file name (no path or
        extension)=^$GetShellFolder(Desktop)$index}
        ;
        ; End procedure if the user canceled the Clip wizard
        ^!IfCancel Exit
        ; Open the file
        ^!OpenReadOnly ^%File%
        ;^!Save AS ^%sfa%
        ------------------
        The difference may well be the difference between 'Lite' and 'Pro'.

        ºvº SL-6-35 -created- 2007.06.05 - 06.47.02

        In Only 30 Years...
        • 1977: Disco
        • 2007: Costco
        ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "duke_nukem_time"
          <duke_nukem_time@...> wrote:

          > Alan, I was able to get it working. As you suggested, I put the
          > file in the Admin Documents folder and it will load the txt file.
          > However, it still would give me an error about the path with the
          > quotes on (eg "^%File%"), so I left them off. I'm considering
          > upgrading to Standard Edition sometime soon to avoid future
          > incompatibilities such as this with Vista and the Lite version.
          > Thank you and Sheri for responding to my post.

          Hi,

          I agree with Harvey on the benefits of the Pro vs the Standard
          version. But on the compatibility issue between Vista and Light --

          While I don't know much about Vista security, I do know that with the
          Light version you need to have write privileges not only in the
          document's folder, but also in the installation folder where NoteTab
          keeps its ini file. I would try that clip again after moving the
          entire installation folder out of Program Files and into your "My
          Documents" area.

          In Standard and Pro versions 5+, the install procedure defaults to a
          new "multi-user" configuration where user files are not stored in the
          Program Files installation folder.