Re: [Clip] Stuck on this clip

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      At 05:02 AM 6/1/2007 , Axel Berger wrote:
      >duke_nukem_time wrote:
      > > I have been trying to find a way to take the height and width of an
      > > image and scale them down by a reduction factor of 1-5.
      > The only good way to go about this is
      >use a real graphics program, for simple things like these I highly
      >recommend Irfanview, and make smaller copies of your images.
      >I nearly always make those clickable and link them to the full size
      >versions for those who need or want all the detail. Axel
      ==========
      Greetings,

      For easy lossless batch resizing and renaming I recommend FastStone Image
      Viewer:
      http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

      Page examples
      Link to larger image:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2006/winter/december/silver_river/

      Resized, drop shadow, link to page.
      http://mountainnaturecamp.org/schedule/schedule.htm

      -Mike
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Mike Breiding wrote:
        > At 05:02 AM 6/1/2007 , Axel Berger wrote:
        >> duke_nukem_time wrote:
        >>> I have been trying to find a way to take the height and width of an
        >>> image and scale them down by a reduction factor of 1-5.
        >> The only good way to go about this is
        >> use a real graphics program, for simple things like these I highly
        >> recommend Irfanview, and make smaller copies of your images.
        >> I nearly always make those clickable and link them to the full size
        >> versions for those who need or want all the detail. Axel
        > ==========
        > Greetings,

        This is easy to do first of all if you wish. While I agree with others
        assessments on using scaled images instead of scaling big images, you
        retrieve the size using these functions:

        ^$GetImgHeight(FileName)$

        Returns the height in pixels of the specified image file (.gif, .png,
        .jpg, .bmp). The value is 0 if file does not exist or is not an image.

        ^$GetImgWidth(FileName)$

        Returns the width in pixels of the specified image file (.gif, .png,
        .jpg, .bmp). The value is 0 if file does not exist or is not an image.

        Then you use calc.

        You use a wizard to decide on scaling (1 is obviously not worth doing,
        but 2,3,4,5 sure).

        ^!Set %scale%=^?[scale ratio eg 1/3]
        ;here insert a get file dialog or whatever?
        ;info or something?
        ^$Calc((^$GetImgHeight(FileName)$)*(^%scale%);0)$

        I highly recommend ezthumbs for image resizing ... it can easily be used
        with clips to actually make new images as you wish from notetab, etc.
        Irfanview is fine too, but ezthumbs is better for simple tasks. Find a
        copy at http://notetab.com because it is in fact by Eric Fookes.
      • None of your business Can't say
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Thank you so much Don. I've been trying to learn this notetabbing stuff and it is pretty hard for a noob. I knew there was something wrong with my logic but now you helped me solve it.

          Thanks