FTP-Upload

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      I have found the FTP template and I do know how to use the commandline
      version of FTP, but I still need help here.

      All pages on my sites carry the "valid HTML" icon and the easiest way to
      verify changes is to load the page and click that. Unfortunately this
      makes checking alterations a three step process
      1) Save file
      2) Upload using Totalcommander
      3) Open or reload in Browser
      Does anyone have a clip that uploads the current file that I could
      modify to meet my setup? Adding a browser call for that file would be
      trivial, but I have no idea how to go about the FTP bit.

      Danke
      Axel
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2007
        Axel,

        I put together a lot of information I found online about command line
        FTP a several years ago.

        I have an outline file on my NoteTab page:
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/

        See the link "FTP Notes (Not just for NoteTab)".

        You can either download the outline file, or browse from the FTP Note
        page. http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/FTP_Notes.php

        The nice thing about ftp.exe is that it is scriptable. The outline
        includes examples of batch files.

        The FTP clip library included with NoteTab uses the Windows ftp.exe.
        The FTP Server Setup clip allows you to specify a directory to use by
        default. I see that the Upload script may have an issue. I do not have
        time to troubleshoot it right now.

        I thought for sure I had a clip to do FTP like you want, but cannot
        find it at the moment. I will post it when/if I find it, or re-write it.

        I believe that Jody may have had one on his site. I know he had one
        for use with WSFtp.

        Larry Hamilton

        > I have found the FTP template and I do know how to use the commandline
        > version of FTP, but I still need help here.
        >
        > All pages on my sites carry the "valid HTML" icon and the easiest way to
        > verify changes is to load the page and click that. Unfortunately this
        > makes checking alterations a three step process
        > 1) Save file
        > 2) Upload using Totalcommander
        > 3) Open or reload in Browser
        > Does anyone have a clip that uploads the current file that I could
        > modify to meet my setup? Adding a browser call for that file would be
        > trivial, but I have no idea how to go about the FTP bit.
        >
        > Danke
        > Axel
      • paulmaser
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1 11:06 AM
          Notetab Pro 5 and Windows
          Your need two things, a clip and a script.

          The clip to call the script that I use:

          ---------
          ^!Set %CommandLine%=^$GetSysProgPath$FTP.exe
          ^!Open -- put complete path and filename
          ^!Save
          ^!^%CommandLine% -d -s:C:\PROGRA~1\NOTETA~2\Scripts\whatsnews.scr
          ---------

          and the script to run the ftp program in Windows
          C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro 5\Scripts\whatsnews.scr

          ---------
          open ftp.ftpsite.com -- change to your site
          username -- change to your username
          password -- change to your password
          put complete_path/filename - same as above
          close
          bye
          ---------

          For more help, bring up the command prompt and type ftp and then help
          and then help {command} or
          go to Start >> Help and Support >> and search "ftp".

          That should be all you need.