Jim Hall is gone

  • loro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14 5:56 AM
      Hi All,

      I'm sad to tell you that after fighting cancer for more than a year, Jim
      Hall is dead. I last heard from him a week ago when he told me it was a
      matter of days. Today I got notice he had passed away. A small comfort is
      that Jim seemed to be at peace with the situation.

      Those of you that are fairly new to the Notetab lists probably don't know
      him since he wasn't very active here the last years. Oldtimers will
      remember him. He had been around longer than me and I've been here since
      1999. Jim was always very helpful to everyone. I learnt a lot from him and
      came to think of him as a dear friend.

      I'll raise a glass to an old friend tonight. Those of you who knew him -
      please join me. I think Jim would have liked that.

      It has been a sad year for us Notetabbers.
      Lotta
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14 6:27 AM
        Oh, man.
        I'm not around much, but I, too, am a long-timer.
        Sometimes too long, I think.
        This is a 3rd online friend who has passed in a couple of months.
        He will definitely be missed, as well.
        Thanks for letting us know, Lotta.
        Christine
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14 6:58 AM
          I have been on the list for several years, and always have appreciated
          the mentors here. It is always shocking and sad to hear that people
          you've dealt with, are deceased, and it leaves a gap in the world when
          they pass on.

          As a genealogical researcher I sometimes come across an obituary that is
          for someone I have corresponded with, and it is always a shock.

          I and the rest of us have to keep in mind that even though our friends
          are gone, as long as we respect their memories and keep them in mind,
          there is something left of their lives that touches us.

          I express my condolences to Jim's family and friends, and wish them
          peace in this period of sadness.

          Jim is already missed.

          Jeff Scism

          loro wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I'm sad to tell you that after fighting cancer for more than a year, Jim
          > Hall is dead. I last heard from him a week ago when he told me it was a
          > matter of days. Today I got notice he had passed away. A small comfort is
          > that Jim seemed to be at peace with the situation.
          >
          > Those of you that are fairly new to the Notetab lists probably don't know
          > him since he wasn't very active here the last years. Oldtimers will
          > remember him. He had been around longer than me and I've been here since
          > 1999. Jim was always very helpful to everyone. I learnt a lot from him
          > and
          > came to think of him as a dear friend.
          >
          > I'll raise a glass to an old friend tonight. Those of you who knew him -
          > please join me. I think Jim would have liked that.
          >
          > It has been a sad year for us Notetabbers.
          > Lotta

        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14 4:07 PM
            Jim was around as long as I can remember on the NoteTab lists.

            He was always helpful and provided lots of insight into clips.

            He sent me an email where he said that he had done all he wanted to do
            and seen all he wanted to see, he just wanted his remaining time to be
            spent with family. This was over a year ago.

            He will be missed.

            Larry Hamilton
            Kairos Computer Solutions
            http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
            Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
          • Carl Swann
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15 5:31 AM
              --- loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > I'm sad to tell you that after fighting cancer for
              > more than a year, Jim
              > Hall is dead.

              I also go back with Notetabbers into the 1990s, and I
              fondly recall Jim's willingness to step up and help
              Eric, and Jody, and all of us who were working to help
              make the Fookes family of software programs so good.

              May his family find peace in this difficult time, and
              may his soul find repose.

              Carl Swann

              ____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.