Windows Vista Keyboard Commands, was Re: Clip doesn't work since upgrade to 5.1

  • bubblefisch2002
    Message 1 of 24 , May 13, 2007
      Hi everybody!

      > I must confess that I was not thrilled when I tried to buy a
      > new notebook with something other than Vista, or that removing
      > Vista and installing XP Pro in its place did not really work
      > because the notebook was designed very much with Vista in mind
      > and so XP drivers were not available for all its components.
      > There are some things about Vista I actually like, but there
      > are also a number of frustrations.
      >
      > That said, there is, apparently, a way around the problem of
      > installing Vista on a clean drive, without having to install
      > another version of Windows first. I forget where I read this
      > just a couple of days ago -- it might've been Lockergnome, it
      > might've been somewhere else, I don't know. Here's what you
      > need to do:
      >
      > 1. Start the Vista installation on the clean drive, but at
      > the beginning of the process, do *not* enter the CD code.
      > This puts you in "evaluation mode."
      >
      > 2. Reinstall Vista, but this time *do* enter the CD code at
      > the beginning of the process. Installation should proceed
      > normally.
      >
      > That's what I read anyway. YMMV.
      >
      > Scott

      I have read that too, it was in the Langalist-Newsletter of Fred Langa.
      Now he is cooperating with "Windows Secrets" on www.windowssecrets.com
      (or similar).

      Raimund.
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 24 , May 14, 2007
        snip... AV protection ... Norton ... McAfee ... Win98SE ... virus ...
        Kasperski ... reliability problems ... etc etc
        Back before my hijacked thread got hijacked :-) we were talking about
        how to recover from Vista's disgust with NoteTab's Keyboard Commands.

        I have since made a lot of progress with the helpful suggestions of a
        couple of you. I documented several of my replacements.

        Here is another to replace:
        keyboard backspace

        ^!Select -1
        ^!InsertText ^%EMPTY%

        I am often using notetab to fill out things and use the tab key to
        navigate. Some applications have alt key combinations to do the same
        ... how will I replace keyboard tab?

        Ideas?