Re: [Clip] NoteTab Lite line read command

  • None of your business Can't say
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2007
      I just need to be able to pass a line of text from a file to a string. After I open the file, I get stuck.

      ;This program was developed for the sole purpose of creating customized YouTube Lists for output in HTML code.
      ;Format
      ;Line1-Description
      ;Line2-File Name
      ;Line3-Duration of file
      ;Line4-Link
      ;Menu
      ^!Set %OpenFile%=^?{(T=O)File to search}; %SaveFileAs%=^?{Web page file name (no path or extension)=index};
      ;End procedure if the user canceled the Clip wizard
      ^!IfCancel Exit

      ;Close the output file if there is one open in NoteTab
      ^!Close "^%Directory%^%SaveFileAs%.htm"
      ;Create a new document with specified name for web page
      ^!Set %KeepNameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%Directory%^%SaveFileAs%.htm
      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%KeepNameFormat%
      ;Turn word wrap off
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF

      ;Open the file
      ^!Open %OpenFile% [/R] [/J=nnn];

      ;Start conditional loop

      ;Read the first line and store to a string

      ;Output the string and insert to html code

      ;End conditional loop

      Note: It doesn't have to be for YouTube in general.

    • abairheart
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
        Your last post implied you wanted sombody to write the code for you.
        That's like giving a starving native a fish, rather than the fishing rod.

        > ;Read the first line and store to a string

        There are bunches of ways to do this.
        $GetLine, $GetField, $Getselection, etc.
        I'd suggest you start in the HELP file.

        Hint:

        ^!Set %firstline%=^$GetLine(1)$

        Abair