Re: [Clip] Regex,zip (was: New file uploaded to ntb-clips)

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 76 , Apr 13, 2007
      > ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com said on 04/13/2007 2:23:35 PM -0400
      > File : /regex.zip
      > Uploaded by : silvermoonwoman2001 <silvermoonwoman@...>
      > Description : Updated regex.chm help file consistent with NoteTab 5.2
      > (PCRE 7.0)
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL:
      Sheri: you said somewhere that \R was now valid and would match \r\n in
      Notetab 5.2.
      I tested it and it appears to work - Yippee!

      I looked to see if it was in the new HELP file. I thought it would be
      documented here:

      * *Non-printing characters *
      * A second use of backslash provides a way of encoding non-printing
      characters in patterns in a visible manner. There is no
      restriction on the appearance of non-printing characters, apart
      from the binary zero that terminates a pattern, but when a pattern
      is being prepared by text editing, it is usually easier to use one
      of the following escape sequences than the binary character it
      represents:
      *

      \a alarm, that is, the BEL character (hex 07)
      \cx "control-x", where x is any character
      \e escape (hex 1B)
      \f formfeed (hex 0C)
      \n newline (hex 0A)
      \r carriage return (hex 0D)
      \t tab (hex 09)
      \ddd character with octal code ddd, or backreference
      \xhh character with hex code hh
      \x{hhh..} character with hex code hhh..

      Should it be?

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      Message 76 of 76 , Oct 28, 2016
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ntb-clips
        group.

        File : /TimeIt.txt
        Uploaded by : joy8388608 <mycroftj@...>
        Description : Subroutine to calculate elapsed time between calls to the subroutine

        You can access this file at the URL:

        joy8388608 <mycroftj@...>