RE: [Clip] Sort Ascending After the first Whole Word "The"

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2007
      Hi Lotta,

      I thought to place The's at the end like both you and Sheri suggested, that
      mirrors my library catalogue experiences. But we think that people mentally
      contract The Painted Veil to Painted Veil, but are thrown off by seeing
      "Painted Veil, The." This was our best solution trying to see from our
      readers perspective. Plus, we've seen it done this way with sites who have
      hundred's of editors and writers, and big bucks to spend on online
      readability studies. So we think this is "The Way" we are going to go,
      rather than "Way, The". ;-)

      Thanks for the input,
      Corl

      _____