Re: [Clip] regex to find paragraphs in a document

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007

      > Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      > > Sheri should be proud. I actually figured out a couple of regexes!
      > >

      > :)
      >
      > Hi Don,
      >
      > I would point out that you don't need ^!Jump
      > Doc_Start if you're using the "W" whole document
      > option. Also, "T" is meaningless in combination with
      > "R" regex option.
      >
      > You can try this for your paragraphs:

      > ^!Replace "^(?!\<h).+$" >> "<p>$0</p>" RAWS
      >
      > It matches the beginning of a line (if that BOL is
      > not followed by the start of heading tag), and
      > everything on that line (as long as there's at least
      > one character) up to the CRLF. Because of the
      > parentheses, the text is captured as subpattern 1. Then
      > it replaces the matched text with subpattern 1
      > surrounded by paragraph tags.

      Sorry, I sent a bit too quickly. Ignore what I said about subpattern
      1, I took the parentheses out of the pattern because they were
      unnecessary. The parentheses were previously around the dot plus in
      the pattern. Then the replacement referred to $1 instead of $0.
      Thought it might confuse you that the dot plus was $1, because of the
      other parentheses in the pattern. Parentheses surrounding an assertion
      do not count.

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007
        >> I would point out that you don't need ^!Jump
        >> Doc_Start if you're using the "W" whole document
        >> option. Also, "T" is meaningless in combination with
        >> "R" regex option.

        Yes, good point. When I first started I was doing just one. When I
        added the W I should have deleted the jump doc start.
        I am getting the T because I am using somebodies clip bar help and it
        doesn't work properly for the regex search I don't think. So I use the
        Normal replace dialog.

        There are a couple of little bugs actually I keep meaning to write down
        in cc syntax.

        One is the regex replace as mentioned above.

        If you type replace and hit the ccsyn icon (that's how I do it anyway).
        You get an opportunity to select either Normal or Regular Expression

        I choose regular and get essentially this as output:
        ^!Replace "x" >> "y" Ignore case (can also be accomplished with (?i) in
        expression)==Yes^=I|_Not specified^=}AWxS{(T=C)

        Also, when you use iferror you get this:
        ^!IfError GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]

        after getting a non-sense option popping up. I think it should be
        prompting me for the labels for the goto and else goto but it doesn't.

        Let me say again how much I love CCSYN! Thank you for your efforts in
        that regard.

        I will try your paragraph method next. I was kind of getting them
        (don't laugh) using this:
        :Loop1
        ;find paragraphs after heading
        ^!Find "[\w[:punct:]]\r\n[\w]" TIRS
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!MoveCursor -1
        ^!Select Line
        ^!InsertHtml <p>^&</p>
        ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Loop2

        One problem with that is that it was grabbing the return at the end of
        the paragraph so then the extra replace is necessary to reverse the </p>
        and the ^P.

        I was also trying ^!Select paragraphs, but same issue there with
        grabbing the ^P inside my paragraph tags.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007
          Hi Don,

          Thanks for reporting those bugs, if you mention things as you come
          across them I'll try to fix them up. I posted an update to Clipcode
          Syntax in the files area. :)

        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007
            On 4/9/2007 11:31 PM, Sheri wrote:

            >Hi Don,
            >
            >I posted an update to Clipcode Syntax in the files area. :)
            >
            >Regards,
            >Sheri

            Nice work, Sheri, as usual. Thanks! I'll have to look this one over carefully.

            Lee

            Lee Underwood
            Jupitermedia Corporation

            Managing Editor