Re: [Clip] Regex informations? Where?

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
      --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > Maybe we should try to start a faq notetab regex wiki page or
      > something.

      Good idea but we need to all be singing from the same hymn sheet. To
      mix 4.95 and below with current is only going to lead to tears.

      fw
    • abet backup
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
        Friends,

        Ok, I agree about the 4.95 problem, but you must think in the
        following (normally the U.S. citizens don't think in that): In the
        entire world it is impossible to remit US$ 10.00 or US$ 20.00 to do an
        upgrade to the 5.0 version. They want, but is impossible.

        In the cheapest way (Western Union or MoneyGram) in each remittance
        the receiver MUST go to a WU or MoneyGram office/affiliate PERSONALLY,
        and also this will cost US$ 20.00/25.00 to the sender.

        For this reason, we suggest the 4.95 and 5.0, but not only the 5.0.

        The regex is very important, perhaps the NotePro producer don't
        understand his importance for Data Mining (BI) in texts, etc. The
        cheapest DM software that I know for the same market, cost almost US$
        500.00. It is not for the big things, but with regex will be a simple
        DM for the small things daily. And also for the conversions big
        market.

        Best regards,

        C Brito
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
          abet backup wrote:
          > In the cheapest way (Western Union or MoneyGram) in each remittance
          > the receiver MUST go to a WU or MoneyGram office/affiliate PERSONALLY,
          > and also this will cost US$ 20.00/25.00 to the sender.

          This reply is a one off here, please answer to it in off-topic if at
          all.

          Cheques were a great innovation when the Fuggers came up with with them
          some centuries ago. All the world except for Britain and the US have
          long gone over to giro transfer. Paypal used to be an alternative for
          cross Atlantic payments. But if the American account number and routing
          number are given, transfers from Europe have recently dropped from fairy
          tale to merely ridiculous, so things begin to be doable.
          Myself I have go a bank account in New york city and so can mail and
          accept cheques.
          But don't Fookes accept credit cards? Their rates for samll amounts are
          quite reasonable IMHO.

          Axel
        • abet backup
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
            Yes,

            But all my friends (99%) dont have International Credit Card (only Local)
            and no U.S. check accunt.

            Paypal is impossible to do payments internationally, they ask for a
            verification bank in U.S.

            And the wire transfers, swift, cost US$ 50-70.00 each.

            It is impossible to pay Fookes.

            As a matter of fact, this is a big problem for the small amount
            international e-commerce in general. The first fiaance company that will fix
            this problem, they will have a very big success.

            Best regards,

            --
            C. Brito,
            Account Manager

            To complement, see the Electronic Translation service to 11 languages:
            Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italiano, Japonese, Korean,
            Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, in the below links.

            Par complément, voyez le service de Traduction Électronique à 11 angues,
            dans ce dessous links.

            Para complementar, vea un servicio de Traducción Electrónica a 11 idiomas,
            en los links abajo.

            Para complementar, vêja o serviço de Tradução Eletrônica para 11 idiomas,
            nesses links abaixo.

            TO ENROLL, HOW TO PAY:
            http://mba-open-university.net/payments.htm .

            COURSES, COSTS:
            http://mba-open-university.net/index.html .

            ACCREDITATION:
            http://mba-open-university.net/un1500.htm .

            COURSE METHODOLOGY:
            http://mba-open-university.net/un1309.htm .

            DIPLOMA:
            http://mba-open-university.net/un1302.htm .

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
              abet backup wrote:
              > Yes,
              >
              > But all my friends (99%) dont have International Credit Card (only Local)
              > and no U.S. check accunt.
              >
              > Paypal is impossible to do payments internationally, they ask for a
              > verification bank in U.S.
              >
              > And the wire transfers, swift, cost US$ 50-70.00 each.
              >
              > It is impossible to pay Fookes.
              >
              > As a matter of fact, this is a big problem for the small amount
              > international e-commerce in general. The first fiaance company that will fix
              > this problem, they will have a very big success.
              >
              > Best regards,

              I would recommend checking out the 5.2 trial version for 30 days before
              purchasing, but just wanted to point out that you can purchase through a
              global commence site:
              https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1643545

              Not positive it meets your needs, but Plimus does appear to have many
              payment methods and also accepts alternate currencies.

              Fookes is based in Switzerland not US.

              There is a supplemental Regex.chm help file in the package which gives
              details for the new Regex engine. The new Regex engine in NoteTab 5 and
              above is PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions). It is the same
              engine used in PHP, Python, Apache and a variety of other scripting
              languages and application software (though at any given time, the
              version level each product may be different). NoteTab 5.2 has the latest
              PCRE version built in (version 7.0 which came out in December 2006).

              The syntax, rules, etc. of PCRE for formulating regular expressions is
              the same as Perl itself. There are many training aids available. I
              recommend this slide show (free):
              <http://www.gravitonic.com/do_download.php?download_file=talks/phptek-2006/regex-clinic_phptek2006.pdf>

              and the book "Mastering Regular Expressions (3rd Edition)" by Jeffrey
              Friedl http://regex.info/

              There are also a couple of software aids:

              Regex Coach (free): http://weitz.de/regex-coach/
              RegexBuddy: http://www.regexbuddy.com/

              Regards,
              Sheri (unaffiliated NoteTab user in USA)